What's your newest Buck knife

I have spent more time with a 112 Slim this year than any other Buck. I spotted my first Custom 112 Slim and had to have it! Matt Brown took the plastic handle off and put brass overlays then Buffalo horn and brass rivets. I think it was the first one he worked on..20190912_191408.jpg 20190912_191431.jpg

Been eyeing that myself.
I like the handle material.
How well does it fit in your hand?

This mornings flea market buck and it’s the oldest one I have found there yeah it’s rough but it was only $10 Lol View attachment 1196277View attachment 1196279View attachment 1196280

Look dude for the last time, were gonna need the location of this flea market. The next step is hiring someone to pay you a visit.......... And I'm to broke for that so come on just tell us.:p:D:D:D great find. Keep em coming.

Beautiful. That polished blade makes that awesome handle pop.

That might have come from Buck plant but it was not factory..Buck employees made/request odd finger grooves made to fit there hand or frankly looked cool. It could easily be a home project. When finger grooves were first considered Chuck took about 6 different versions to the Blade Show and showed them to Vern Taylor but that is a radical version that would never be 'Factory'..

So anyone interested in explaining this FG that I posted ?????
I can't provide anything definitive, but it is highly unlikely that Buck would have made those finger grooves and in doing so ground into or that close to the handle pins. I'm not really sure that finger grooves were even a factory option on 3-dot knives at all. I'll also throw out there that the natural ebony buck used back then was not "pressure treated", nor "stabilized".
In my opinion; those finger grooves were not done in the factory, but they do look good and comfy.

Of course, I don't know everything about those old 110s so I expect to be corrected momentarily... :confused:

Back