What's your newest Buck knife

This big guy showed up in today’s mail, a 307. This is the seller’s picture. Apparently the sheepfoot blade was either reprofiled, to a spey, or replaced. It’s a solid knife with great snap! Also, the BUCK shield is all silver, no black paint. I’m not sure if it was removed, or came that way. 0FE0DA4A-5CF0-4465-AF06-774CE9654105.jpeg

C&C had a sale :)
I bought a knife :p
I've been wanting one of these for a while. 110, aluminum frame and bolsters, black micarta handles, drop point, pocket clip. Lovely knife. Really happy with this one :D
IbhxZS9.jpg
OfQIGVW.jpg

C&C had a sale :)
I bought a knife :p
I've been wanting one of these for a while. 110, aluminum frame and bolsters, black micarta handles, drop point, pocket clip. Lovely knife. Really happy with this one :D
IbhxZS9.jpg
OfQIGVW.jpg
great knife there....

I agree that aluminum 110 is a nice knife.
Light weight, but still solid enough to give you confidence in it.
I like the clip on it too.
Good buy on 'em right now.

Well I jumped in the fray and ordered a 119 and a 120 from C&C. I don’t have as many fixed blades so this will help balance things out. Lol . The price was just to tempting and I’ve been thinking about it for years. Not sure how soon they will get here but I’ll try to post some pictures after I’ve fondled them good and proper. Lol

A simple 303 for my dad. He’s 74 and way back when, my brother and I went into local sporting goods store by ourselves (mid 70’s I would guess) and bought him one as a gift and he’s carried it everyday since. Have pre-teen kids try that today!
I found out over the summer that he doesn’t carry it anymore in fear of losing it because it has too much sentimental value to him.
So I have bought him another, and if he loses it, will keep replacing it if need be.
PCpRuto.jpg

Last edited:
A simple 303 for my dad. He’s 74 and way back when, my brother and I went into local sporting goods store by ourselves (mid 70’s I would guess) and bought him one as a gift and he’s carried it everyday since. Have pre-teen kids try that today!
I found out over the summer that he doesn’t carry it anymore in fear of losing it because it has too much sentimental value to him.
So I have bought him another, and if he loses it, will keep replacing it if need be.
PCpRuto.jpg
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

PCpRuto.jpg
This struck a chord with me. My Dad always carried a Barlow when he worked as a millwright. At some point after he retired one of my uncles gave him a Buck 303. Dad decided he liked it and it was his daily carry for many years. Dad was an expert at using stones to sharpen a knife. Better than I ever will be. He started getting dementia and I'm not sure what he did to this knife, but the main blade is really chewed up. I suspect he tried to sharpen it in an electric sharpener he had in the shop or maybe with a file. Don't know. Never will.
Dad passed away a couple of years ago. I had been considering sending the 303 to Buck to see if they could replace the blade. The spey blade has been broke forever. It might have been broke when it was given to him. Not sure. I figured it would cost as much to get it worked on as buying a new one so not really smart from a money standpoint and really, from a sentimental standpoint, its just as good as is, as a repaired one. Basically I've been procrastinating and not in a hurry to do anything. Then I went to a gun show this weekend and found a 303 for $15. Its got a few small nicks, but I don't think its ever been sharpened. The blades looked new. Dad's is 1991 and the gun show one is a 1998. Here they are:
ZfBBjs9.jpg

nTlpWDF.jpg

I may still contact Buck at some point. The 303 is right in the sweet spot, size wise, for pocket knife.

Last edited:
mbkr mbkr i would likely leave dads knife as is, he likely was the last person to sharpen/use it.
I’m sure Buck would clean it up nice, but I would rather have the beat up one dad handled, which is my plan when the day comes that I receive his, which I hope is still years still to come.

Back