1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

When Did CRK Stop Using Solid Washers?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Evany, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Evany

Evany Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2007
    My "new" 21 from 2009 appears to have solid washers. I have not taken it down yet, so I can't tell for sure, but on my other 21s I can see the perforations on the presentation side washer.

2. russ25

russ25 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Interesting, I 'm not able to help but way curious myself.

3. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Shouldn't that be-When did they stop using solid washers? My 2008 Classic MM had solid washers. So I would say they stopped soon after introducing the 21, but don't know the specific date. Prior to that they used solid washers.
    Since the change there have been a couple generations of perforated.
    of course if an older knife had the washers replaced they could be perforated.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  4. Evany

May 7, 2007
    My '09 21 really seems like a Classic (without the engraving) in every respect other than the scales having the 21 style chamfering. Single sided screws, S30V, solid washers.

5. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    I saw a thread where the owner had a Dec. 2009 with the perforated washers, so the change was made somewhere the Birth date of your knife and Dec.

6. Evany

May 7, 2007
    On the birthday card it says 9/21/09. The insides of the scales are marked A09.

7. marthinus

marthinus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 10, 2006
  8. Evany

May 7, 2007
    Right--title corrected. I meant when did they start using perforated washers!

9. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    After second quarter 2009