1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Where can I find a Strider SNG CC in stock!?!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by cyberland, Sep 9, 2012.

1. cyberland

cyberland Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2005
    I've never had such trouble finding a knife in stock. I'm just looking for an SNG CC with black G10 and and stone washed blade. What's the story with production? Is demand really that high? I can't find it anywhere. Any leads would be appreciated.

2. Hauling

Hauling

May 14, 2012
    hate to tell you but they were in stock several places last week (in CPM 154 no less), if you can get by with not having CC grip you can find one.

3. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    Stonewashed Striders are hard to come by these days. I've had all flavors & while I wanted my newest SnG to be stonewashed I'm very happy with the "Ghost Stripes" which are 1/2 stonewash 1/2 bead blast... Stripey.

4. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Striders are made in small batches and they are in demand, for good reasons. Keep yer eyes peeled.

5. cyberland

May 29, 2005
    Thanks all. I looked last week and didn't see any. Guess I'll have to just keep looking. Also, hopefully they are not just doing 154 cpm only these days.

6. Hauling

Hauling

May 14, 2012
    bladehq was where I saw them and where I ordered mine (not CC though)

7. BladeChick777

BladeChick777

Jun 20, 2011
    Cyber - I think you have CPM-154 and 154CM confused.

8. cyberland

May 29, 2005
    You are right. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference?

9. mkjellgren

mkjellgren

Nov 1, 2005
    The alloy is the same, but cpm154 is a powdered steel and 154cm is not. Cpm154 has higher toughness.

10. The Logical One

The Logical One Gold Member Gold Member

May 31, 2011
    Just do what all of us do and constantly check the exchange and dealer's sites.

11. SChief454

SChief454

Jun 25, 2012
    <deal spot removed> got a recent delivery of SnGs. They have several stonewashed versions however no CC models. I picked up a black standard stonewashed myself as someone mentioned they are not easy to find and happen to be my favorite. Good luck in your hunt.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
  12. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Tried to PM you, but can't regarding some info.

13. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 11, 2007
    Thanks for trying to help but please don't direct business to non-paid dealers. We have an ever-growing list of dealers who support this site and they deserve first crack at new business.

Here is a list of the paid dealers.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=749&a=98

14. cyberland

May 29, 2005
    Thanks everyone, I finally found one out of luck by calling a dealer who just had one come in. I wish I could find a plain stonewashed blade with the flamed titanium handle but as is works. They sure go fast!

15. cyberland

May 29, 2005
    Sorry, changed setting so I can receive PMs.