1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Where's my Machax Kabar?

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Haze240, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Haze240

Haze240

Jan 1, 2011
    So I ordered a LE machax back on March 23, shipped and charged March 27, sent to my PO box across the border in Washington. I knew it was being shipped USPS due to the PO box, and was told it could take up to two weeks to arrive, that's alright, I was even charged sales tax and was surprised by it when I read my statement, first time that's happened. It has now been 25 days since I ordered, I have already placed another order with Tomar' for a 16, also shipped with USPS (though this time I have a tracking number, something KaBar couldn't do). I expect my Tomar's order to be in within the week, and I have a feeling I could have gotten a Machax faster by waiting for the regular production models to come out. I've called Kabar and was told "we'll look into it" and not much else. Honestly I'm getting fed up, I was planning to spend last weekend swinging my BK4, but instead I spent it wondering if it's been lost in delivery. Has anyone else had to wait this long for their knife? I mean people are gonna be getting their production models before I've got my special edition one. I've usually got patience, but 25 days? What the hell, this doesn't seem right to me.

Sorry... End of rant.

2. Greybush

Greybush Banned BANNED

Feb 14, 2012
    Wow man, thats crazy....hope it gets to you soon...i got mine in like 8 days or something, my non LE should be here tomorrow...i would keep on ka-bars ear until it was resolved....what does the tracking info say?

3. runtothehills

runtothehills

Mar 20, 2012
    Suck man ! Got mine too, in about 8 days and that was in the heat of rush orders. Sound like your postman has a new letter opener.

4. Haze240

Haze240

Jan 1, 2011
    She told me both times I called that Tracking information is not available for USPS orders. Bullshit I replied (in a nicer way), I just ordered a package from Tomar's on Saturday and Sunday I had a email from USPS with my tracking number, like I ALWAYS do. Really, this Knife has cost me more than a regular production, with three times the delivery time, and no information, tracking or insurance and I don't even "Get it before the release date". The sales tax thing still has me confused too, first time it's ever been charged for me.

She really couldn't help me out in any other way, other than to say she'll do some searching and ask around about it, and call me if she finds anything out. The PO box company I have my orders delivered to can probably recognize my number when I'm calling now too, It's just a helpless feeling when you have no idea where the stuff your ordered is, and neither does the retailer. I dunno, I guess it's floating somewhere between time and space right now...

5. Greybush

Greybush Banned BANNED

Feb 14, 2012
    they gave me a tracking number. I want to say mine came through UPS though...

6. HardTripper

HardTripper

Dec 13, 2010
    I can sympathize dude, as a fellow canuck I know the pain of having gear in the usps limbo. Last month I ordered a knife that went from Oregon to LA to New York back to Oregon 3 EFFING TIMES!!!! I eventually cancelled the order then the knife showed up free ;)

7. runtothehills

runtothehills

Mar 20, 2012
    USPS tracking numbers= 0!!!!! They don't work, never have and never will. It's the goverment! They don't want to take blame for anything!

8. Haze240

Haze240

Jan 1, 2011
    My expected delivery date from USPS for the Tomar's order I placed on Saturday, April 14 is supposed to be April 18. Shipped across the country from New York, just like Kabar, using USPS, just like Kabar, to the same PO box in Washington. Why am I not charged sales tax on this order? Why does it only take 4-5 days for this order, and nearly a month for the other one. Why do I have a tracking number from Tomar's and not Kabar? Sorry guys If I'm just ranting, but honestly my patience was doing fine until I watched the Machax go on sale on Saturday (earlier at other places), and went back to my calendar to see when exactly it was that I ordered the LEBK4.

9. axesbold

axesbold

Aug 3, 2007
    That really does blow... Wonder why they didn't pay the 75 cents or whatever to track it..... I sure hope you can get it resolved...

10. Greybush

Greybush Banned BANNED

Feb 14, 2012
    This might not be the case with ka-bar, but I do know in my biz, if we ship out of state, it's free..EXCEPT in GA where we have another shop, and we are licensed for biz in GA....like I said, I don't know if thats the case here or not though..

11. HardTripper

HardTripper

Dec 13, 2010
    The terrible thing about it is no matter what, you know all you can do is wait.

12. Haze240

Haze240

Jan 1, 2011
    Well it's not shipping out of country, just across the country...I'll leave my country to pick it up from your country, because your country charges too much for shipping to my country lol.

As far as the taxes go, I've read that if you're purchasing from the same state that the retailer is located in, or the goods are manufactured in...you pay tax. I guess KaBar must have offices of some sort in Washington for that to make sense. It's just the first time I've ever been charged tax over the years, and I wasn't told about it until I asked them about after I saw my statement. I mean I guess thats just what it is, nothing worth being upset over...but it would have been nice if they told me when I placed the order, and before they charged me for it. It makes the Tomar's price almost ten bucks cheaper.

13. CCMI

CCMI

Aug 4, 2010
    Sorry to hear it man, that's rough.

I had a USPS package not long ago that was temporarily lost. USPS "tracking" said package had been delivered but I didn't have anything. Tracking info was all out of order - according to the timeline the package was "delivered" before it arrived at the post office or was "out for delivery".

The woman I spoke with at the local post office said there is not actually tracking info, only delivery confirmation. Basically, they might put info out there, but make no promises except for delivery (except when that doesn't happen either :rolleyes:).

Also, I'm not sure if all USPS shipping methods offer delivery confirmation or not.

14. Haze240

Haze240

Jan 1, 2011
    Thanks for the info guys, I bet I'll get a call tomorrow saying it showed up and all will be well. But if my Tomar's order gets here before the machax... I wont go there, its a dark place full of suffering and pain.

15. Sam Hell

Sam Hell

Jan 7, 2012
    I think usps lost my patches..I'm pissed about that, but I am not going to harrass Ethan though because the poor man is probably up to his ears in " I want a better sheath and it's you're fault!! Wa! Wa!" so I am hoping they finally arrive..the mail system sucks for usps now that there has been so many closings. good luck with your machax bro as I feel your pain. [​IMG]

16. UCPOPO

UCPOPO Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Man, Im thinking the same thing on my patches. Sent envelopes 3 weeks ago. Still nothing.

17. BRL

BRL Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2011
    god that sucks man :(

18. Catmouth

Catmouth

Apr 3, 2012
    That sucks man. I hate waiting on a package when everything goes, I am sure you are going nuts.

19. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned BANNED

Apr 16, 2011
    so...that BK4 that showed up on my doorstep this morning was YOURs Haze??? :D

20. oXide

oXide

Feb 16, 2012
    I hate to say it, but I would have my foot up Ka-Bars ass and my ugly mug in their face if I ordered directly from them and had to wait almost a month for something that everyone else got within 2 weeks of ordering.