Which Diver's Knife to get?

Ok guys, help me out here, please! I really want a 16 with the saw/no saw blade grind and would be totally happy with it, but while looking around on the RMK site I noticed the type "C" sheath. I'm really liking the looks of that double-stitching on it. Problem is, it's only available for 7.5" blades.
How much more do you gentlemen think it will be to option out a model 14? Let's say 7.5" ss blade with saw/no saw profile with thumb grooves, ns single hilt, border patrol handle with green or black micarta and lanyard loop.
How much cheaper will it be to just get the model 16 with these options?
Thank you for any info!

Last edited:
Do you plan to dive with this knife, or do you just want it ?

Ok it should fill those rolls with flying colors but I was going to strongly suggest a different direction if you were looking for a salt water dive knife.

Ok it should fill those rolls with flying colors but I was going to strongly suggest a different direction if you were looking for a salt water dive knife.
Yeah, it's mainly just add to the collection, mostly. I've been eye-balling that "C" sheath for a good while now. Debated on getting the 14 Fighter and then the 16 Diver. Then I figured:Why not combine them?

Why not get the exact knife you want, then have a sheath made for it? Assuming Sullivan's still makes sheaths to order, discuss the sheath with them and send them your Randall knife. Then, for a reasonable price, you will have the exact knife you want in the exact sheath you want, made to fit your knife. The sheath will have the Randall stamp and Sullivan's stamp. (You may even pay a lower price for the knife alone, as credit for the missing sheath.)
-Steve

Why not get the exact knife you want, then have a sheath made for it? Assuming Sullivan's still makes sheaths to order, discuss the sheath with them and send them your Randall knife. Then, for a reasonable price, you will have the exact knife you want in the exact sheath you want, made to fit your knife. The sheath will have the Randall stamp and Sullivan's stamp. (You may even pay a lower price for the knife alone, as credit for the missing sheath.)
-Steve
Well, if I get the 14 optioned out, I think I WILL get the knife I want, hehe. I guess I'm just trying to affirmation that the extra money I spend will be worth it.:confused:
I'm a big fan of Randall knife sheaths, they just look so classic, and the stitching on them is perfect on the ones that I have. So, in my quest to get a different blade profile from RMK for my collection, I think I want to do the same with their sheaths, if that makes sense.
But your idea makes perfect sense, but sometimes love/lust takes precedence over sense, haha!

then have a sheath made for it? Assuming Sullivan's still makes sheaths to order, discuss the sheath with them and send them your Randall knife.

I would do this. Order the knife with the special wax impregnated sheath, then order a sheath from Sullivan’s.

you also might want to consider the Model 16 sp1. It is essentially a dive knife with a model 1 blade.

If you tried to option a model 1 in similar fashion it would cost more.

I would do this. Order the knife with the special wax impregnated sheath, then order a sheath from Sullivan’s.

you also might want to consider the Model 16 sp1. It is essentially a dive knife with a model 1 blade.

If you tried to option a model 1 in similar fashion it would cost more.
I already have a Model 1-7 and I want a different style blade now.

Back