• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Winkler Damascus Belt Knife - special edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
**Traded**
Knife Art special edition Exclusive Winkler Damascus Belt Knife - gorgeous stabilized figured maple scales. Comes with custom stealth. Un-used. Retail was $475 last year when they did this limited run. I’m asking $425 including shipping to the CONUS.

Detailed pics posted below in thread.

Attachments

• 6DE34E72-9BF1-423D-8450-AC6F9DEBE768.jpg
    6DE34E72-9BF1-423D-8450-AC6F9DEBE768.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Is it safe to assume that the Belt Knife you're attempting to sell is the same one you talked about in the two quoted posts below.

Also, is it safe to assume that the picture you posted in your for sale thread is copied from KnifeArt's website, and not the actual knife in your possession.

i've had a winkler 2 belt knife with a curly maple handle and damascus blade for about 1.5 years. I could not regret this purchase more. I should have returned it immediately, but forgot. It was my first fixed blade sheathed knife. If only I knew about this site then and could have found many small makers with better knives for less than half the price. The F&F is disgraceful regardless, but it's insulting for the price point. Looks and feels like a drunk teenager decided to grind and polish knifes. crap knife probably made in china.

That being said, if anyone wants to buy this special edition knife for Knife Art- flamed maple scales and damascus blade, I'd like it go for $400 shipped to CONUS. Retail was $475 and it has not cut anything. just work it a few times.

Is it safe to assume that the Belt Knife you're attempting to sell is the same one you talked about in the two quoted posts below.

Also, is it safe to assume that the picture you posted in your for sale thread is copied from KnifeArt's website, and not the actual knife in your possession.

What's your point? I said I have pics of the actual knife. Used that stock photo for reference. If using such photos is against the rules, just say so.

Regardless, I find it pretty odd that a mod would take it upon themselves to deprecate a FS thread in such a way. Why can't you use PM? Is public shaming a thing here?

Can we see detailed pics of the actual belt knife? Sounds nice. I'm no one important here, just a fellow lover of knives and gear, but I dont see that this was intended to be public shaming. It is the moderators position to maintain the integrity of the forum and its members when things look or seem sideways. I don't think there is malicious intent on either side . However it seems slightly, if not dishonest, maybe a little non forthcoming of the OP to try and sell what apparently is an unsatisfactory specimen of a beautiful knife. It is understandable you want to recoup investment and I would bet given actual pics and full disclosure up front that there is someone here who would buy it as is. If the f/f is bad to the extent your previous post alludes to, my suggestion for what it's worth, is to contact the place you purchased it and request them to make it right or even contact the manufacturer, usually higher end companies would rather switch it out or make it right to maintain there pr and good name. I wish you luck in your endeavor to sell what is probably a beautiful knife and look forward to seeing some pics of it soon. I for one am thankful for both this forum, the amazing community of fellow enthusiasts and the good people I have dealt with here! Thank you for sharing your knife, please post pics, point out what you feel is flawed, and go with it, you may be surprised, this place is full of awesome people! To the mods, thank you for being available to keep things moving forward in a positive direction for us all!

Detailed pics of the actual knife below.

Attachments

• 898E0EEE-0DDD-475B-B120-732359581F03.jpeg
    898E0EEE-0DDD-475B-B120-732359581F03.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 109
  • A4344F84-A5E1-49D3-883A-23A553DC75AF.jpeg
    A4344F84-A5E1-49D3-883A-23A553DC75AF.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 114
  • 2CA66BC8-A1C5-46EC-8516-45E5C5D8F948.jpeg
    2CA66BC8-A1C5-46EC-8516-45E5C5D8F948.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 77E9B864-3BAA-4B7E-B160-34097DEACAF0.jpeg
    77E9B864-3BAA-4B7E-B160-34097DEACAF0.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 109
What's your point?
My point is I have little tolerance for bullshit in the Exchange.

You’re attempting to sell a somewhat expensive knife that by your own admission in a previous post has issues, yet you fail to disclose those issues in your for sale thread.

You also claim the knife is unused but again in the previous post, you state that you haven’t cut anything with it but that you have “just work it a few times”, maybe it’s just me but that description seems to contradict itself.

As far as the photo, if you had taken the time to read the Exchange rules, you would know that you should post pictures of the actual knife in your possession and not some pretty picture off a dealers website.

Despite what you might think, I’m not trying to prevent you from making a sale. I will however make sure that any potential buyers are fully aware of what they would be receiving.

Thank you for again stating that there is something with my knife when there is not. I will have you know I handled 4 of them, and they are all the same. There is nothing wrong with my knife. I don’t care for the knife, but that’s how they are. That’s why I’m selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back