Wrappin me VT Tac Handle...

veritas

Gold Member
Since I'm a cord wrapping idiot...can someone post step by step PICTURES on how to wrap handles with paracord...

Thankyou in advance...reading someones description on how to do it is getting me next to nowhere...
:( :confused:

Funny you mention that.
I just did one lastnight.
Sorry its not pictures, but.........

I tryed it 3 ways. One with a strider style wrap, and one with the just plain wrap it around. and another one that didnt turn out, kinda a samuri swrod style. I think the strider style wrap made it too fat for my hand, and wouldnt swing well. The plain old wrap around works the best for my hand size.

If you got monster hands the Strider would work. If you have small-medium hands the plain wrap will work best.

I can snap shots if you really need them but will try a simple instructions without. If you want pictures, I will try and do it tomorrow night late (about this time)

#1 get ALOT of paracord, I dont recall how much I used but it was ALOT. I wraped from the head all the way down to the bottom.

#2 Put the head in a vise

#3 If wraping from the head down fit the paracord in that notch between the handle and the head. Remeber to leave about 4 inches of your starting end loose so that you can wrap over it to keep the top snug.

#4 wrap wrap wrap and repeat untill you get to the bottom.
Remeber to keep alot of preasure on the cord so that it stays tight to the handle.

#5 once you get to the bottom, tie a simple knot.

#6 bring the strand of cord through the lanyard hole.

#7 Tie another knot. Do whatever lanyard you want.

#8 your done :)

One thing to think about, is tie it up leave if for a day or so and see how you like it. IF you do like that, might want to soak the cord in water and then retie. When the cord shrinks it will make the wrap tighter.

I hope that helps you. If not ask and I will do a picture tutorial.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,
please shoot me some pic. via email or post it here. My NG Ranger handle is bitin me :( But those handle on the New vietnam hawk I have feels good ;)
Thanks,
TACTICALDUDE:cool:
p.s.
Still enjoying those lanyard(cqc7b) you gave me ;)

Will do, I dont get off of work till 21:00 PST and have to run to the airport a few times tonight. So will get them up late tonight or first thing in the AM tomorrow.

Dang now I miss my 7.....:(
Glad you like it :)

Kyle

Here's one I wrapped not too long ago with a process similar to what Eich1911 posted.

11833082-17dc-02000180-.jpg

The wife seemed to like it better, now I just got to remember not to piss her off... :D

11933836-408e-02000180-.jpg

Where does the cord go that is on the top part of the handle...?

Maybe I should up the morphene drip!;)

Back