Yeah, I Love Wool

Lenny

Gold Member
Bought myself a new jacket.

38362_13

You can read about it here: http://www.ibexwear.com/F05/View_Pr.../F05/093_1229.jpg&Category=1030&CategoryLine=

Mine is the color shown above, which is last year's color.
Got it at Sierra Trading Post for like $115.
This thing is like snuggling into a warm blanket. It's a large, and I'm usually a Med, but it has an athletic cut so it's a perfect fit for me.
Nice Loden wool takes a beating, keeps you dry and cool when excercising, yet keeps you warm when standing around in the cold. Also sheds all but the heaviest rain.
The 2 full length zippers provide a clear channel to a mesh backing for maximum ventilation during heavy exercise. Plus, they double as huge storage pockets. Finishing on the jacket is superb. No excess thread at the end of stitches, strong well designed hang loop, high class zipper pulls, beautiful color, and the all important Ibex logo stitched into the wool between the shoulder blades.
It's very simply styled (which I love), yet elegant. I've previously bought several Ibex bicycling jerseys and a mid weight half zip mock turtleneck made of Merino Wool which are to die for. Their stuff is expensive, but worth it. I'll only buy through their outlet shop, or places like Sierra who give a heavy discount.
I highly recommend all of Ibex's stuff. Real grade A clothing all the way.
Lenny

BTTT

It might seem like a strange time to bring this thread back, but now is when some winter stuff is on sale. I just picked up a Scout 1/2 Zip. I didn't get a great price, but marked down about 30%, and have been wanting one for a while. I didn't think I would get a chance to use it until next fall, but we have had several days with frost in the morning and highs in the lower 50s. This is going to be a real good mid layer. I did have to order one size larger than usual.

The coat that Lenny reviewed is available for $150.

Lenny said:
Bought myself a new jacket.

Beautiful jacket.Is it really considered water repellent ?

My favorite was a surplus navy peacoat. It was so tightly woven that it kept me dry all day in heavy rain.

My army overcoat was loosely-woven wool & was a water sponge. Later issue was not much better. [Got an officer's coat upon discharge]

Uncle Alan :cool:

Sierra Trading Post :eek: :eek: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Cabelas is way way better:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: