Your favorite sub 4 inch fixed blade utility knife?????

Good Day,

I am trying to decide on a design for a custom knife, but I am having trouble, I can't decide.

So, if you could help me I would be totally appreciative.

I am looking for a good design elements for a narrow sub 4 inch utility knife. I want it to have some sort of guard like shapes, be very comfortable to hold and use, etcetera.

If you have images or links to images that would really help.

------------------
Thank you,
Marion David Poff aka Eye, Cd'A ID, USA mdpoff@hotmail.com

>>--->Bill Siegle Custom Knives<---<<
-http://www.geocities.com/siegleknives-

Talonite Resource Page, nearly exhaustive!!

Fire Page, metal match sources and index of information.

"We will either find a way, or make one." Hannibal, 210 B.C.

Good Day MDP!
View

This is my Small Tac/Utility model. It's based on my Small Hunter patern. Specs: 1/8" D2, 3.5" blade with a tapered and drilled tang, blue G10 with blue/white spacers. I also offer this in a skeletonized version with 3 large holes through the handle.
This model has the "deep tight" hollow grinds with the false edge. Either blade grind can be done, I'm now carrying a skeletonized Hunter!!
I have two of these in Stellite in process now.
Neil

------------------
Talonite....Stellite...

blackwoodknives.com

[This message has been edited by Dr.Lathe (edited 11-04-2000).]

MDP,
Considering narrow sub 4 inch utility knife I would like to propose you to take a look at Scandinavian knives - designs proven by centuries. Simple but useful blade shape and grind, big and comfortable wooden handle, simple but genius sheath/carry "system" - all this are worth to be considered.
Concerning some sort of guard: IMHO it is not very useful feature for relatively short UTILITY knife.
This is only my .02 $
Regards,
MIKLE

I have a Blackwood small Tac/Utility model. It is my absolute faborite small utility fixed blade. Very comfortable. Fit and finish are awesome. I really want one in stellite.

------------------
Dennis Bible

I really like my Busse Mean Street - handle fills the hand, it has a guard that's effective but not very obtrusive, & the blade is narrow yet very strong. It feels good!

------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Well, by narrow I assume you mean overall thickness so, the Allen Blade MEUK probably wouldn't fit the requirement. Some of the Doziers would but, the ones I prefer are a little longer then you want and probably a little thick.

I have a Trace Rinaldi TTKK (5 1/2 inch model in BG-42) that is a delight to use and would probably meet your requirements in its smaller size version. My knife has mosaic pins with very thin burgundy micarta scales covering the 5/32 BG-42.

Check the knife out at Trace Rinaldi

Stay Sharp,
Sid

Camillus Talonite Talon, closely followed by the M-2 Nimravus Cub.

Favorite really small knife is the Darrel Ralph Arc Lite neck knife.

I think my favorite would be the same as Dr. Lathes if I owned one. That Small Tactical is headed for the top of my gotta have list.

Originally posted by Steve Harvey:
Camillus Talonite Talon, closely followed by the M-2 Nimravus Cub.

Same for me, in that order.

------------------
iktomi

Back