your most expensive user?

I'll spend a few hundred on a knife; I only went over that amount once (long story, got burned) so using isn't too big a deal. Still, I have several knives I don't use.

anyone with the viewpoint 'I use all that I buy' with a five or ten grand edc?

My highest priced folder is a $200 BM Rukus (which I stole from Sportsman's Wharehouse for $125.)

My highest priced fixed-blade is BRKT's Bravo-1, which I think I paid $170 for.

I guess I'm cheap and am missing out on a few knives costing over $350 that I'd kindly like to have.

ON EDIT: And they're both users when carried.

My edc is a Mission MPF 3 Ti plain edge, cost me $415.00 NIB, its the only knife I edc and use regularly. Don't hesitate to use it, knives are tools and tools are meant to be used, so I bought the best tool I could afford and now I use it. If I wanted art I'd buy a picture or sculpture or something. If I wanted an investment it would be more traditional like real estate, stocks, bonds, etc. You have to look at it in context, my truck was more than my Mission, I use the hell out of it and don't think twice about it, so why would you not using something that cost a fraction of what your vehilce cost?

Somewhere along the line, spending more money is not going to get you a better knife--you are just paying for better artistry. If that's what floats your boat and it makes you feel good to carry, go for it! If you just want to own that $2000 knife, but don't want to diminish its value by using it, do that!

For me, I stop spending additional money at the point where I stop getting a better knife. And I don't buy it unless I plan on using it. That's just what happens to float my boat.

My Busse ASH-1 and Small Sebenza are my two most expensive users. When I get myself a custom folder to my liking it will also be a user.

Mine is a CRK Project I. I beat the hell out of that knife. Second is my CRK Mountaineer I. That is a user as well.

My most expensive EDC is a Small Sebenza W/Micarta inlays. Sometimes dressing up I carry a Moki "Aiora" value $300+

Somewhere along the line, spending more money is not going to get you a better knife--you are just paying for better artistry. If that's what floats your boat and it makes you feel good to carry, go for it! If you just want to own that $2000 knife, but don't want to diminish its value by using it, do that!

For me, I stop spending additional money at the point where I stop getting a better knife. And I don't buy it unless I plan on using it. That's just what happens to float my boat.

I agree. My most expensive user is my Sebbie. To me they are tools to be used

My most expensive EDC is a Bradley Alias I. I really like this knife. I am looking forward saving up my pennies for the famed CRK Sebenza. I find it hard to believe that it can be that much better than the Alias. But I intend to find out for my self ASAP.

My large Sebenza Classic with Micarta Inlays, serrations and a Tom Krein regrind. Total about $550.00. I'm real happy with it. It meets my needs and the most important reason I carry and use it is that I think it's really :cool:.

I also have a large Sebenza Classic with Micarta Inlay with the plain edge blade. I had Krein put a wicked edge on it and believe me it is a close second to the regrind.

The regrind gets the nod because it is well a regrind and Tom did an awesome job on it even with the serrations he did and excellent job. I think the serrations (especially the one that CRK does on their knives with the bevels ground on both sides, making for a straighter cut when transitioning fron the plain edge portion of the blade to the serrated part) give the knife extra versatility and extra cutting ability (I know this is debatable and my experience is that a well made plain edge sharpenend properly cuts as well as a serrated one) but it's IMHO the "coolness" factor that draws me to the serrated one. It's more viseral than anything and to be honest, I like to carry the coolest (IMHO) and the best slicer (also IMHO) that I have, which is now the regrind.

I also have the peace of mind of knowing that should I (God forbid! :eek:) become separated from my beloved regrind, I can rotate right into my plain edge (which is awesome it it's own right) without skipping a beat. Total about $460 with sharpening. And should both go bye bye, I'll rotate to my large LE 2006 CA Buckeye Burl that Tom sharpened up for me and is also an awesome cutter (for my purposes) also without skipping a beat. Total about $630.00 with sharpening.

This is really a sickness. I should feel bad about putting so much money into knives but the funny thing is that I don't. I feel good about it and I'm thrilled to have all these choices. I worked hard to get a good job, I make enough to pay my bills, keep up the house, and put a little away to get some nice knives.:cool::thumbup::p;):)

And sometimes I put money away for savings!:p;)

I have 3: Strider RC, Strider GB really love that Tanto blade design, goes into stuff real smoothly and a Randall Triathlete.

My most expensive knife that I own and use is Spyderco Native 35 to 40 bucks. I carry it everyday. My most expensive woods knife is a TAK, 60 bucks, my wife got me for Christmas and honestly I usually end up taking my Buck119 the most. That tells me Im not even in the same runnig as you guys. I also have a Victorinox Ruksak that I usually have on me. I just dont have the money to spend. But I try my best and Im thankful that I have what I have. The most expensive knife I have ever bought but dont use is my Hen n Rooster Bowie knife that I paid 100 bucks for it. I bought it in the Smokie Mtns last year, but like I said I never have used it. Its just for show. It seems like a good user if needed to be.

My most expensive user is the Graham Brothers Razel with Desert Ironwood handle that I just recently received. It cost me a little over $300, and I've carried it daily since the day I got it.

My most expensive user is the Graham Brothers Razel with Desert Ironwood handle that I just recently received. It cost me a little over $300, and I've carried it daily since the day I got it.

ah, gotta love the Razel's I would love to get my hands on a ringed stubby razel,

for a while my most expensive user was a Cold Steel Trailmaster with sanmaiIII blade. I have used it for about 6 years. ( I got it new for $150 which is a great price)
IMG_0246.jpg

Then I recently got a Busse FBMLE, and I made it a user right away, so that makes it the most expensive one I have used.

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

the funny thing, is I have a survival style knife from Bill Siegle and a hunting knife made by my Uncle (Glen Hornby) who is deceased, I have not ever been able to bring my self to use the hunter made by my uncle, and am Having a hard time trying to make my self use the Siegle.

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG002-1.jpg

my most expensive user is my emerson custom specwar CQC13, worth probably ~$1200 or so, i really like it too, & have edc'd it for the last 6 months or so..........

a few yrs ago i would have never dreamed i would have a $1000 pocket knife lol, my girlfriend still cant believe it lol.

Ryusen Damascus (10 inch blade approx) Gyuto Deba at 400 USD. It's a kitchen knife and it's a user. Not too sure about the name, can't remember for sure since I bought it 3 years ago shipped from the US.

By the way, GREAT knife!

Back