Your own physical reaction to having had the vaccine shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... The second shot was definitely worse than the first. Heck it was almost as bad as when I actually had covid last year.

I felt a little bit off Wednesday night after the shot and went to bed early. I woke up at 6 a.m. with some of the worst chills I've ever had. Just sticking my arm out of the blankets to grab my water bottle was enough to make me shake uncontrollably with my teeth chattering for a good five minutes. I spent the rest of the morning going back forth between chills and waking up in a giant puddle of sweat. Like so much sweat I had to swap pillow cases and my wife had to change the sheets. The rest of the day I had a headache, fatigue, body aches, and very slight nausea. Just looking at a computer screen for a couple of minutes was too much for me.

I ended up eating like one meal and going to bed at 8 or 9 pm. Woke up a few times really, really sweaty again, but I basically slept a solid 16 hours until noon today. Still feeling slightly off, but much better today.

I hope the second shot goes easier for all of you because that sucked.

First shot of Pfizer made me tired for a day. Second shot, arm was sore for a few hours. That was it for me.

Had the Modena last week. Arm was sore for about a day and a half but not dramatically so.

First dose of Moderna last Friday. Arm was pretty sore late Friday and Saturday, but by Sunday it was fine (still hurt a bit if touched, but otherwise fine).

I had no bad side effects to the first Moderna shot. I got my second yesterday morning. So far so good. Very slight tenderness at the shot location if I poke at it. If I don't poke it, its not noticeable. Based on what I'm hearing/reading I think I would be noticing side effects by now if I was going to have them. Crossed fingers.

Edit: Just a follow up. I had no adverse reaction to the second shot.

Last edited:
All you schmoes out there dragging your feet on the vaccine - you’re the reason we can’t have nice things. You’re gonna be on the sidelines this summer while we’re riding the water slides... either that or laid up with Covid-19.
I got your "shmoe" right here, slick.

I don't plan to get the vaccine, and it won't affect you and your "getting nice things" at all..... so stick that up your pipe and smoke it.

I've had covid, and got over it... no worse than the mild flu. Now, I have REAL antibodies in my system, not some genetic soup that tries to trick my body into producing some sort of antibody.... a genetic soup created by a known eugenicist (go look up that big word, if it confuses you)

You Karens with nothing better to do, sitting at home watching Oprah, while the rest of us work, need to mind your own business.

Oh, and if you think getting the "vaccine" will keep you from getting covid? Well, you're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

For the record, I have no problem with anyone getting the vaccine that wants it. I have no problem with anyone wearing a mask for the rest of their life. Live your life the way you see fit...... just don't tell me how to live mine, and we have no issues.

No issue with either Moderna shot, other than could tell I got a shot at injection site (not even all that sore). Eight hours following the second shot, which was a week and a half ago, took acetaminophen (Target version of extra strength Tylenol) for 24 hrs, as instructed on the bottle. Worked for me, male, mid 40’s, not medical advice, just another internet crackpot.

Second shot of Pfizer yesterday. Arm's a little sore, but less than the first one. We'll see how it goes, since so many appear to have had symptoms a day later.

Last edited:
I got your "shmoe" right here, slick.

I don't plan to get the vaccine, and it won't affect you and your "getting nice things" at all..... so stick that up your pipe and smoke it.

I've had covid, and got over it... no worse than the mild flu. Now, I have REAL antibodies in my system, not some genetic soup that tries to trick my body into producing some sort of antibody.... a genetic soup created by a known eugenicist (go look up that big word, if it confuses you)

You Karens with nothing better to do, sitting at home watching Oprah, while the rest of us work, need to mind your own business.

Oh, and if you think getting the "vaccine" will keep you from getting covid? Well, you're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

For the record, I have no problem with anyone getting the vaccine that wants it. I have no problem with anyone wearing a mask for the rest of their life. Live your life the way you see fit...... just don't tell me how to live mine, and we have no issues.

Lol. Been working this whole time. And not from home.

Karen? Oprah? Sitting at home? Surely you have me confused with someone else.

Don’t want the vaccine? Don’t get it. Maybe you’ll fare better with covid next time around. You sound like fun at parties.

Don’t want the vaccine? Don’t get it. Maybe you’ll fare better with covid next time around. You sound like fun at parties.
I'm glad you're working. I'm a little surprised you have time to "Karen" other people about their vaccine choices. We've been working the whole time, the first 5 months with no masks, because my company couldn't find any.

You expressed exactly my point. If you don't want it, don't get it....... but you seem to have a morally superior attitude towards those that CHOOSE to not get it. I could just as easily make fun of you and call you names for being a "sheep" and getting a questionable genetic substance injected into your body, but I am aware that it's YOUR choice, and I'm good with that. I would never call you a "schmoe" for doing what YOU think is best for YOU.

So "maybe you'll fare better with covid the next time around" ..... what the heck do you mean by that? I had it, and got over it... just like having a heavy cold, or mild flu. That's called "life".
And, I generally DO have fun at parties. I'm the one carrying on intelligent conversations and visiting with friends..... not the one in the corner calling everyone names if they don't do exactly as I think they should. Heck, I'd even buy you a beer...

I'm glad you're working. I'm a little surprised you have time to "Karen" other people about their vaccine choices. We've been working the whole time, the first 5 months with no masks, because my company couldn't find any.

You expressed exactly my point. If you don't want it, don't get it....... but you seem to have a morally superior attitude towards those that CHOOSE to not get it. I could just as easily make fun of you and call you names for being a "sheep" and getting a questionable genetic substance injected into your body, but I am aware that it's YOUR choice, and I'm good with that. I would never call you a "schmoe" for doing what YOU think is best for YOU.

So "maybe you'll fare better with covid the next time around" ..... what the heck do you mean by that? I had it, and got over it... just like having a heavy cold, or mild flu. That's called "life".
And, I generally DO have fun at parties. I'm the one carrying on intelligent conversations and visiting with friends..... not the one in the corner calling everyone names if they don't do exactly as I think they should. Heck, I'd even buy you a beer...
Maybe you guys can take the chest-thumping and name-calling into Whine and Cheese or PM and let this thread remain for people reporting their side effects from the vaccine.

Maybe you guys can take the chest-thumping and name-calling into Whine and Cheese or PM and let this thread remain for people reporting their side effects from the vaccine.
🤣

Yeah.... take THAT...
now you've hurt my feelings.... I'm out.

It's hard to discuss something as provocative as vaccines and science without discussions getting out of hand in one way or another.

Personally, I was happy to get vaccinated - now my mates and I can feel more comfortable meeting at the pub. We haven't been able to do that for well over a year, maybe a year and a half.

I had the Pfizer vaccine administered. The first shot left me with a very mild bit of soreness in my shoulder muscle that lasted a couple of days. I received the second shot yesterday and it's considerably more intense - soreness all throughout my left arm and extending to the shoulder blade and arm pit. It feels like the joints in the affected limb are all out of place - I imagine it might be what arthritis feels like. As a result, I didn't sleep a wink last night but was able to get a good nap in a little while ago - the soreness is already starting to subside.

Last edited:
🤣

Yeah.... take THAT...
now you've hurt my feelings.... I'm out.
Glad to hear it. Bye!

First shot last month (Moderna) and my arm was sore for a few days. Had a slight lightheadedness but it passed quickly.

Second shot today at 12:40. After 2 hours I felt a small but brief rise in my heart rate. This passed quickly also.

Tomorrow may be the day the side effects kick in so I’m getting ready to make a big pot of Chinese hot sour soup (my cure-all.)

Stay safe and well, guys.

Hey all. I'm officially considered fully vaccinated with the Pfizer as of yesterday. After my first dose my only effect was soreness in the injection site shoulder for about two days. After my second dose two weeks ago I had the injection site soreness again, though actually a little less than the first shot in my case. I also had very slight body ache for about 3 or 4 days starting 2 days after my second dose. It wasn't enough to stop or even slow me down in my ranch work. Only enough to be barely noticable. I was very lucky compared to some.

I've heard that working the muscle after your shot can help reduce symptoms from the shot. Also that not taking OTC pain killers such as ibuprofen, etc within 24-48 or so hours of your first shot may reduce the reaction from your second shot. While these are more rumor than science, they're also pretty simple for most people to do just in case they do help.

Also, for the handful of people that read this who, like me, have a history of Guillain Barre Syndrome so some vaccines are not recommended, the Pfizer and Moderna have both showed no issues with Guillain Barre history in trials. I didn't research the Johnson and Johnson since it hasn't been readily available in my area so I don't know if that one is a concern or not.

I hope everyone out there stays safe and keeps the people around them safe.

Last edited:
I had the Pfizer vaccine administered. The first shot left me with a very mild bit of soreness in my shoulder muscle that lasted a couple of days. I received the second shot yesterday and it's considerably more intense - soreness all throughout my left arm and extending to the shoulder blade and arm pit. It feels like the joints in the affected limb are all out of place - I imagine it might be what arthritis feels like. As a result, I didn't sleep a wink last night but was able to get a good nap in a little while ago - the soreness is already starting to subside.

I wanted to add a bit to my symptoms from the second shot. Left arm was still pretty sore yesterday and I developed a fever of 102.9 - this was somewhat expected. As someone who isn't prone to getting sick much, when there is a hint of something possibly being amiss, my body tends to go nuclear in order to arrest it.

After a decent night's sleep, I'm feeling pretty awesome today. A little residual soreness and swelling in the lymph nodes under my arm but otherwise, I'm good to go.

Moderna. First shot I had a sore arm for two days, and a slight fever the first night. Second shot, no reaction at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back