1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Yuna Stag 'Assasin'• Elishewitz Carbon/Ti 'Pirate'

Discussion in 'For Sale: Custom Knives (Individual)' started by SharpByCoop, Aug 14, 2009.

1. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    BOTH SOLD

Hi Guys,

Yuna Knives (Trisak) has been making knives for about ten years, and has really gotten a following. This model was one of his earliest variations of his popular 'Assasin' model, and it sports some beautiful stag and ironwood, in his typical merged style. It has a large brass insert for strengtheninng the pivot area, and the blade is sharper than ANY other knife in my collection. Duplex grind: Hollow and Bevel. It's crazy sharp. :eek:

It has his original friction closing design, in that there is not a detent ball, but it draws in tight and safely holds firm in the closed position. This is how he made them. Great full lockup, perfect centering.

Blade: 4.25"/OAL: 9.25" (It's a LARGE folder.)

Mint condition: Unused, uncarried, as rec'd from the maker.

Back up again: Price: $395 (SOLD) (Shipping US included, Paypal preferred - NO fee.)

[​IMG]

I'll include the provided stingray belt pouch, too!

[​IMG]

Allen Elishewitz 'Pirate' folder:

Allen is renowned for making incredibly precise knives that stand up to the closest of scrutiny and appreciation.

Titanium/carbon frame, strong ti liner-lock®, Polished carbon scales, stepped thumbstud, machined clip, drilled backspacer.

Mint condition - Never used or carried. Zipper pouch included

Price: $495 $465 SOLD (Shipping US included, Paypal preferred - NO fee.)

[​IMG]

No trades considered, thanks. I will answer any questions, but first confirmed response in this thread has precedence.

Thanks for your considerations.

My contact email and paypal email: [email protected]

Coop

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  2. demtek9

demtek9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 30, 2002
    I'll take the Yuna. Please PM paypal info and I'll pay tonight....gotta go to work and can't login there.

BTW: do you know the steel type?

3. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Thank you! I await your payment later. :thumbup:

I'm sorry, I don't know the steel (I should, but it's been a while.) You may contact Trisak on his website to find out: www.yunaknives.com

SPF! Sold Pending Funds

### EDIT: I sent a note to Trisak to find out. Thanks, guys below for the answer. I don't want anyone getting the 'chatting' infraction.... :(

Coop

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  4. acourvil

acourvil Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Most of the Yuna knives are ZDP-189 clad with ATS34; that's what my Assassin is.

5. pinkcow

pinkcow

Sep 11, 2005
    From my understanding, Yuna old model used ATS-34 steel.

6. Trisak

Trisak

Dec 18, 2004
    The steel is ATS-34, burl of Maka wood bolster and stag handle. :)
    Oh! Now it's very difficult to find the good stag as this one in Thailand.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  7. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks for the clarification, Trisak!

Elishewitz now reduced $30 to $465. Covers delivery in US, no PayPal fee.

Coop

8. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Elishewitz now SOLD. Also covers delivery in US, no PayPal fee.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  9. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Buyer of the Yuna would rather own the Elishewitz. (Yuna: too large). We can do that.

Elishewitz: SOLD

Yuna: Back on the table at $395

Coop

10. kauai Marc

kauai Marc

Oct 3, 2006
    I'll take the yuna
    pm sent
    Marc

11. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    oh ho! I was sooo close...:)

12. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    OK, now all SOLD.

Thank you!

Coop