ZK War Sword ?

These ZK knives look pretty cool....Are they made in the USA ? How thick is the blade ? I just got my SMKW sale book in the mail today & they are on the cover & on the 2nd page ! I'll be going to SMKW sometime next week while I'm on vacation...Might bring the War Sword home :rolleyes: Anyone got one yet ? Whats your thoughts on these ? The Hande looks like the PotBelly.

According to the youtube review by 123karismith, the stated thickness is 3/16 and it appears they are made in Taiwan. He also has the Acheron along side of it and it sure looks small next to the War Sword. I'm torn between the War Sword and the Pestilence Chopper myself.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have all of them sitting in my floor at home, and I handled them quite a bit during Blade this year.

Made in Taiwan, and they are actually a little thicker than 3/16".

If you want one, you better get your ass in gear and get one. I was talking to Kabar today, and the first run is sold out, the second run, due out in July is nearly 3/4 gone, with dealer backorders. Get your ZK knife now, or wait until run number 3.

Moose

I was complaining to my lovely bride on June 16th that knifecenter had already sold out of the Pestilence Chopper. She said "good thing I preordered you one a month ago, and it shipped today." It was my Father's day gift from her and the boys. I took it car camping this weekend, and all I can say it that knife feels awesome both chopping & splitting wood. I also did a little whittling with it. Oh yeah, and I used the piggy back blade to cut my steak. A truly awesome combo.

The BK-9 sat in the car all weekend...

that's okay, when i'm supah mod, the things i'll do to moose :)

damn, those things are popular, but i called that way long ago. they're great. good patterns. good prices. taiwan? well, everything but country of origin is american, so meh ;) if they prove very popular, they might move to the USA for shenanigans :) or not. we'll see.

damn2, i wish i had KaBar stock :)

I like the knife but the "Out of Country" kinda turns me against it. I think I'll just wait & pick up a BK2 to go with my BK9 & BK11. I'll wait & see how the ZK series works out & hopefully see a few reviews w/ pics !

Agreed with coaldigger. I really like the knife. I was at dinner when I saw a post about them in my RSS feed and was like "must have". My motorcycle is the same color as the handles, lime green with black and white details. So I was totally sold, but now that I know they're not US made I'm kinda turned off. All of my knives so far are made in USA :/

Agreed with coaldigger. I really like the knife. I was at dinner when I saw a post about them in my RSS feed and was like "must have". My motorcycle is the same color as the handles, lime green with black and white details. So I was totally sold, but now that I know they're not US made I'm kinda turned off. All of my knives so far are made in USA :/

where is your bike made?

they're good knives. taiwan is not evil china at least.

Back