Zombie "Chop Stick" on Clearance!

Ka-Bar Zombie "Chop Stick" on Clearance - $20

Knife Only - No Sheath! Not sure if it also comes with the little Acheron blade.

http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/164

5704Category.png

saw that yesterday and ordered 2, already know what I'm gonna do to them :D

Wouldn't mind grabbing one to go with my four horsemen but the shipping kinda killed it for an impulse buy.

Yeah, I'm interested in what your plans are as well...

I would have bought a one for use around the house, but there's no shipping to Canada:grumpy:

well, it includes chopping the chop and grinding the grind :D - gonna (carefully, and with lots of water) take the angle grinder with a cutting wheel to the front, maybe a 45 degree cut and round it off (not a fan of americanized tantos), then raise the primary to around half blade and convex it, and do some stuff to the handle too. If it comes out not looking too bad I might pin wood scales.

Serioiusly guys, this is a blank canvas waiting for you to go crazy with. A big hunk of Ka-Bar steel for less than 30$ is a no-brainer if you like to mod your stuff.

Even I can buy that. Only issues are lack of proper tools. Anyone else notice the listed RCH of 52-54?

How is that SK5 for heavy mods like that compared to 1095?
You got me thinking now...
It'll prob sit in my cart till its out of stock as usual...

it kinda reminds me of a parangatang with a clipped front end... same weight, thicker stock...its gonna make a neat project

Hmmm...chopatang? parangastick?

Chopatang.

Might just have to try that.

halfway thru with 1 of the 2, but thinning that grind is gonna take time. Looking good, tho, if photobucket is working with my work comp I'll post a pic of the progress.

no luck at work, seems like a recent firewall. Will have to wait till I get home.

well, it includes chopping the chop and grinding the grind :D - gonna (carefully, and with lots of water) take the angle grinder with a cutting wheel to the front, maybe a 45 degree cut and round it off (not a fan of americanized tantos), then raise the primary to around half blade and convex it, and do some stuff to the handle too. If it comes out not looking too bad I might pin wood scales.

Serioiusly guys, this is a blank canvas waiting for you to go crazy with. A big hunk of Ka-Bar steel for less than 30$ is a no-brainer if you like to mod your stuff.
Good idea for a project for sure. I feel the same way about modernized/Americanized tantos as well. I would like to see you try to make one though. I would love to see the results of your project if you feel like sharing. :thumbup:

Well I got mine in today. Fits in my leftover BK4 sheath nicely. I'm gonna play around with it and if I like it enough I'm going to remove the little point on the blade and put an edge on the front, make it something akin to an Ontario SP8. Then take the peak out of the handle like I plan to do with my other JAB handled knives. The hook on the end of the handle doesn't seem to be an issue but I've only held it. I'll decide if it stays or goes after some use.

Last edited:
Back