Zozzie's Sheaths - WOW

My Fellow Seb-Heads,
After nearly loosing my large Classic, Mayo-nized Seb while deer hunting this Nov I decided it was time to put her in a sheath. I am very lucky to still have the knife. I have carried a Seb clipped in my right front pocket for nearly 10 years, and never had a problem. As I put my ruck on the pack strap slide under the clip and pulled the knife out of my pocket. I was walking across the cornfield and looked down to see my Seb dangling from the pack strap, it had hung there for probably 50-60 yards - time for a sheath.

Zozzie's sheaths are absolutely awesome (do a forum search for Zozzie and his email and pics of his sheath will come up). I am an anal retentive, perfectionist, type-A Marine and when I tell you the sheath was perfect, I mean it! The fit is super. The large Seb will only go in one way. When it seats into position it does so with a reassuring "thunk", that I can only describe as being the leather equivalent to the bank vault lock-up sound that a Sebbie makes when you open it. The Seb comes out wiht a gentle tug, but you can turn the sheath upside down and shake it and the Seb will not budge.

The overall finish and attention to detail on the sheath is superb. The finish on the edges is unbelievable. No kidding, the edge of the leather is hand polished to the point that it is hard to believe it is leather.

To top it all off, Zozzie (Mike T) is a great guy to do business with. I am out the door in a very few days and headed back to Iraq. Zozzie hooked me up and sent his demo sheath so I would have the sheath when I left. All in all, I could not be happier with the sheath and Zozzie - He and his sheaths are a class act. Very seldom do you buy something, and when you get it in your hands it actually impresses you beyond your expectations, this was certainly the case with Zozzie's sheath.
Thanks Zozzie.
Semper Fi.
Bob

Bob it was a pleasure doing business with you and being in the position to help you out (sell you my own un-used sheath!) at a moment's notice. I'm not from your country but it was a pleasure helping out a man of the service who's doing his bit on trying to keep the lid on things.

Many thanks for your kind words.

The transaction was two-sided as it gave me the rare opportunity to make another sheath for myself. I always have these ideas in my head as to what I'd like to make for myself but rarely do I act on them.

So I worked it in alongside another sheath, this time for Pieter in the Netherlands.

This new sheath got all the trimmins, time and TLC that I could muster. As usual - suede lined, natrually oiled, edges hand sanded & buffed to 1500 grit, hand sewn etcetera.

Enjoy!
Mike T.
Sheath dude
Ontario Canada

st-sebL1-1.jpg

st-sebL1-3.jpg

sst-sebL1-4.jpg

Mike is getting boring just like CRK or possibly New Graham. All their work is perfect, no imperfections, no bs. Top quality all the way. If you're waiting to see an ugly, non functional sheath from Mike it's gonna be a while.

my .02

Oily

OilMan said:
If you're waiting to see an ugly, non functional sheath from Mike it's gonna be a while.
Oily

You, or anyone, ever get to see my boo-boos Scot! Hehehe, I don't do too many anymore. But as I tell people - there are few mistakes but many "creative deviations". :rolleyes:

Mike T.
Sheath dude

is there a contact number or web site for this scabbard? :confused:

very good looking and very nice workmanship! :cool: :cool:

Some amazingly gorgeous leather sheaths! Outstanding work! Is there a website or some other means of contacting/ordering these beauties?

AJ

He's closer than you think. Check out Zozzie's profile and send him an email. He's the guy you're looking for.

Oily

OilMan said:
He's closer than you think. Check out Zozzie's profile and send him an email. He's the guy you're looking for.

Yeah if a fella was to go hit his name, an e-mail and PM link would pop up!

Mike T.
Sheath dude

Hey Zozzie!

I'm also a firefighter and I also make sheaths. Not as nice as yours.......yet! Excellent work! I wanna be just like you when I grow up! :D :D :D

Ok, I'm a huge fan of pointy things, the sharper and more wicked looking the better.

But this is a first for me, a sheath that stops me dead in my tracks . . . I'm not too sure what to say but DAMN ! ! !

That is an amazing piece of work, now I need to find a knife worthy of the sheath :D

Couldn't resist.
Got myself on Mike's waiting list for one of his sheaths.
Don't know if he wants me to disclose his prices online but let's just say that they are very fair.

Can't wait.

aquina said:
Don't know if he wants me to disclose his prices online but let's just say that they are very fair.
Thanks Aquina! That what I need to hear! Ok I've just multiplied everything by two! Ahh that feels much better :D

Mike T.

K.V. Collucci said:
Hey Zozzie!

I'm also a firefighter and I also make sheaths. Not as nice as yours.......yet! Excellent work! I wanna be just like you when I grow up! :D :D :D

like your avatar better than his :D

Back