1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

ZT-0550 and 0562cf

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by bfwhite, Dec 14, 2014.

1. bfwhite

bfwhite

Jan 7, 2013
    Hi guys,
    Just a quick note to say I bought a 0550bw for my son's Xmas present. It is a great knife. Of course I took it apart to do a little work on the detent and relub it with miltek. Deploys nicely now. I just ordered a 0562cf rom the hollw grind, 4 still in stock. I wanted a filpper for edc. This will be my first flipper.

Brent

2. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Well there you go, the 562cf is a sweet knife and no doubt you'll be satisfied with it. I enjoy mine, it's the best bang for the buck that I've experienced in a while.

3. alphatiger

alphatiger

Oct 8, 2014
    I recently got my 0562cf as well. Love it. The detent is too tight in my opinion. I have never adjusted one of these puppies before. I'm assuming I just "loosen" the main screws on either side? Any help would be appreciated.

4. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    First off, how are you holding the knife when opening? You'd be surprised to know a lot of people complain they can't open their knife, when in fact they are putting a lot of pressure on the lockbar themselves.

5. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    As with most new knives, there is a break in period. The detent ball will wear a groove/mark in the blade and loosen up without having to make any adjustments. And like grownstar stated, be mindful when opening the blade where your fingers are located. It took me a while to learn this.

6. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Congrats! I own a gen 1.5 0550 and a g-10 0562. Of all my knives, they are my two favorites. Both fantastic knives.
    Enjoy!

7. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005

You want to adopt a few more sons? If you are giving 550s as Christmas presents I bet a number of young men on this forum would leave home!

8. bfwhite

bfwhite

Jan 7, 2013
    I have three boys and a girl now and I think that is enough. Not to mention three grand children.

9. vinnier6

vinnier6

Aug 18, 2014
    Got my 14 year old a ZT 0350tsst for Christmas...he is going to grin ear to ear when he opens it....

10. vinnier6

vinnier6

Aug 18, 2014
    The main screw is called the pivot screw...one side is male the other is female, so you won't be adjusting both...

The side opisite of the lock bar, also know as the presentation side is the male...hope this helps

11. alphatiger

alphatiger

Oct 8, 2014
    Thanks vinnier6. Now I just have to see if I have a small enough T driver in the work room. The Zero Tolerance key-chain driver set gets bad reviews...I don't want to take a chance at stripping anything...I know there is a break in period but I think it just needs a tiny bit more looseness.

12. alphatiger

alphatiger

Oct 8, 2014

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  13. vinnier6

vinnier6

Aug 18, 2014
    Get a torx set at lowes...I have the blue handle tool where the small driver bits fit in the handle...works well