ZT 0562CF or ZT0801Ti

trying to decide which one to buy. ....I know buy both . They are similar in many ways and think one of these would suffice.
Just using as an edc'r. Nothing hard core The 0562 has the heavy duty look of all hinderer designs Cool but functional .
The 0801. Is sleeker , smoother , a little more unique looking
No idea if one is a better flipper than the other. Can't try these anywhere near me
Price $200 , $240 is fine. I would spend more not sure how much better a midtech is over these Especially considering the $ at least double plus for any midtech

Any input on these is welcome, or should I look at a different model / brand

Looks like your considering weight..maybe.
They are both almost equal considering.
I own a 0095 but out of these two..I like the 0801 (look wise). Having said that, I don't own (or have handled) either of these.
Let's see other input ;)

The 0562CF would be my choice of the two for a user. I just like it better. They'e both fine knives though.

I will say, since you're rolling the dice, the 0562cf sells very quickly and for a minimal loss. The 801ti on the other hand can be harder to move and you may take a bigger hit.

For that reason, I'd recommend buying the 0562cf and selling it to fund the 801ti if by some bizarre turn of events you're not satisfied with it.

Both awesome knives but I have to lean a little more toward the 562CF on this one. The design on this one is just about perfect!

Reactions: Mo2
I have one of the older 0801s. It's a nice knife, but I prefer my 0562. If you can have only one ZT, it should be the 0562.

You can't go wrong with either choice, ZT makes a great knife.

Am biased, I'm not a fan of metal handled knives so I'd pick the 562cf of those two listed. Personally, I'd be happy with a reg ol 562 and save $40. I like G10. Weight doesn't matter to me really and I know G10 is grippy and takes a beating.

The 0562CF or the 0452CF both great EDC knives. Both have great action and are about the same price. You can easily find them on the secondary market for good prices.

Agree with everyone else. Can't go wrong with either, I'd lean towards the 0562CF for the steel upgrade.

I’ve owned both the 0562 and currently own the 0801 Ti .
I think the 0801 flips better and personally like the looks more . As far as grip/traction the 0562 g10 hands down wins in that department . I like the recessed pivot bolt on the 0801 because it won’t have a tendency to loosen up like the 0562 .
I believe IMO the 0801 Ti carry’s much better also although not as easy to snatch out of your pocket securely due to less traction then the 0562 .
I added a leather lanyard on mine and that took care of the issue .
GYQU6bz.jpg

They both are amazing knives. Just depends on who's styling you like better. You couldn't go wrong either way.

I guess I’m in the minority. I like the 0801 better. It fits my hand perfectly...like my hand was studued for the design or something. I also prefer the flipping action of the 0801, and the “thwack” that resonates when the blade hits the stop pin. That said, the 0562 is also a great knife you’ll be happy with.

The 0801 flips better, the 562 is a better slicer. Other than that, they’re pretty even.
Go to whitty’s Place (USA made blades) and look at the anodized ZT’s, choose the one that jumps out to you.

I've had a couple of the old 801s. They flipped perfectly. Sold them though. I found them a bit plain. I had planned to get them anodized but never got around to it. My 0562cf is never getting sold though. It is a flagship ZT.

OP - both are great knives. It would be a pity that you do not try out both. I suggest you buy second hand here at the Exchange so that you can try both without a big loss of $$, and then you can settle with one of them. There was one new 0801TI sale for $155 just couple of days ago.

I have both and recommend the zt 0562cf over the 801 by a huge margin.

I did get a custom carbonfiber scale for the 801brz that makes it even better... But still not as good as the 0562

I have the 0562CF and love it. Another point of consideration, there is a lot of ways to easily customize the 0562, so you can jazz it up in whatever way you want. It will not be as easy to do with the 0801.

Frankly, I find the the plain TI framelocks, even with the machined holes, to be a bit boring.

Back