1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

ZT 562 Naked or DLC blade?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by David45, Apr 7, 2019.

1. David45

David45 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2017
    i just ordered the ZT 562 TS (tiger stripe) with its DLC coated blade. It’s supposedly a Sprint Run model. It matches my 301 which is wonderful but the 301 is just too heavy for me to edc in dress slacks.

Now I’m wondering if I might get better service from the CF (carbon fiber) model with its naked blade. I’ve read very conflicting web info about DLC scratch and rust resistance. I never used my 301 so I have no experience with ZT’s DLC treatment and it’s the older model so ZT may have changed the process over the years. I like the way it looks no but how will it hold up?

Your experience may help me decide whether to change my order. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

2. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    ZT has one of the best DLC processes out there. I've used a 350 with it heavily at work. Yes it has some wear, but it didn't happen from cutting paper. It's been through mud and plastic and all manner of construction nonsense:D

I've got a 303 coming with the tiger stripes. I don't see it being an issue on that knife either. The ZT DLC seems to wear attractively, not come of in flames like the cheaper stuff.

David45 and 115Italian like this.
  3. number9

number9

Mar 5, 2017
    I've got a 0350 tiger stripe that's cut plenty of woody vines in the woods and rubber hose at work. No wear at all on the DLC.

David45 likes this.
  4. TX180SX

TX180SX Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2011
    my 350 & 301 are well used and the DLC has held up great, i would not worry about durability. :thumbsup:

David45 likes this.
  5. David45

David45 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Thanks folks. I know the 20CV steel doesn’t really need protection but it I’m hoping the finish won’t peel or chip. A few good scratches will just prove I needed a blade, as opposed to just wanting one, although there’s nothing wrong with that!