ZTBM vs BWM LE? same knife?

Amoeboid

BANNED
I just noticed both knives are the same thickness.
Wow. Holy moly.
Do any of you Hogs own one of each and would like to offer a comparison?

Ztbm has a different grind. More spear point. The BWM LW will have a bit more weight forward unless I miss my guess.

I would love to have both.

I really like the feel of the ergo handles in the hand, and I am sure the BWM will feel great also.

Well I don't have a BWM-LE, but I do have a BWM and ZT-BM(sorta)!!!

BWM-10.5" blade @ .212" thick
ZT-BM-9.75" blade @ .200" thick
As far as feel I just love the ERGO's but I have to say this BWM is my favorite of all the larger bladed Mistresses. I was slow to order one but boy am I glad I did.

For same size range choppers in the Busse line, they are very different, especially in the handle... The BWMLE has one of the best feeling handles I've seen on a Mistress and ranks high on the list as one of the most comfortable handles on any mid to large size knife I've ever experienced. When I hold & swing it, I feel as though I could chop with it all day. (DISCLAIMER: I haven't actually used it yet! :)) And, yes, there is more forward weight on the BWMLE.

The ZTBM:
is a spearpoint
has wider flats on a narrower blade
Is both shorter from ricasso to tip and ricasso to pommel
has shorter handle slabs with no palm swell
MEASUREMENTS (approx. in inches):
tip to top of slab= 9-7/8
top of slab to butt= 5-1/2
slab= 5-1/4 long, 1-3/4 wide at thinnest point between middle & lower tube fasteners, 5/16 wide thick at palm swell (there is no palm swell, so the width is the same as the rest of the handle thickness)
blade= 1-3/4 wide
thickness (satin): 3/16

The BWMLE:
is a drop point
has wider grinds on a wider blade
is longer from tip to ricasso and ricasso to pommel
has longer slabs with a well thought out ergonomic pattern for comfort and includes palm swells as well as narrows considerably before widening at the pommel
MEASURMENTS (approx. in inches):
tip to top of slab= 10-1/2
top of slab to butt= 5-7/8
slab= 5-3/4 long, 1-3/16 wide at thinnest point between middle & lower tube fasteners, 7/8 wide thick at palm swell
blade= 2.00 wide
thickness (satin): .22 (approx 7/32+)

I'm kinda tired, so I hope that I didn't typo a measurement... :yawn:;)

Last edited:
Back