120th Anniversary BK98 Becker Tuko

Here's a few more pics, since I finally took the time to figure out how to post them from my phone lol
zOiDDdL.jpg

BHUqbg1.jpg

gBcEA4T.jpg

fmaPsSk.jpg

The stain brought out the grain. Nicely done!

That blade finish is a little dull for you Xr :D
:p:p Unfortunately shine is the only finish that seems to last :D patinas come and go, paint and even stone wash will eventually turn to shine. Any roughness on 1095 will hold patina pretty good smooth it will wipe off with min oil. I really like the stone wash !

Xr6x Xr6x nYour blades inspired me to polish my Bk7 and I rarely have a rust issue now. Even after getting caught in a freezing rain storm and spending a night in the mountains (Planned) But not the rain lol. The blade didnt rust in a saturated sheath.

While the shape is not ideal for the woods I know some makers trust s35vn enough to make a bush blade out of it with very thin stock. I bet this blade will excel in the kitchen and do just fine in the bush.

knifejunkie1928 knifejunkie1928 After I tried some initial slicing, I gave it a go at some chopping and batoning. I didn't expect much for such a light, thin blade, but was kind of impressed. I wouldn't choose it for a bushcraft knife, but I wouldn't be worried if it was all I had on me. I chopped away at a 4" diameter dried maple limb and made about a 2" wide by 1" deep notch before I moved on. On a 3/4" dry cherry limb, it would sink about half way on each swing. While battoning, I ran into some knots that started to flex the blade a fair amount, yes I got a bit nervous lol, but the wood gave and I proceded on. I rinsed it off and went back to slicing with no noticible loss in performance.

Back