2/18/2013 outage

trelane

Site SWAT
In honor of the Clinton presidency the BladeForums server decided to go down on everyone this president's day. There was a DoS, it has been identified and mitigated. I'd like to start a new connection problems thread here.
1. please tell me about any connection/performance problems you experience AFTER THIS POST. Check the date/time stamp carefully on this one please, and adjust for timezones as appropriate.
2. if you are responsible for this attack, please report to the edge of the nearest bridge, and lean forward until seized by gravity.

Just have them report to me.

shark.jpg

This is the fastest I've been able to navigate the forums in a couple weeks.

Problems with loading the site just this morning again. Approx. 0930 to 1045 lcl. CST

3 day ago I could not load the site. I did a system restore and I got a new cell phone and all of the problems went away. I thought it was just me and my laptop.

Blocked from posting?

I just got this result trying to post in Traditional, and twice while previewing/attempting to post this message.

Edit: and again and again after somehow getting this post up.

~ P.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 1.51.36 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 1.51.36 PM.png
    7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
O-tay, looks like I'm back.

Refresher course: I'm one of the good guys®!

(Thanks to whomever fixed what; I couldn't even PM.)

Ed.: trelane, now that I can do other than leave Visitor Messages, I'll stop writing on your "wall." ;)

~ P.

Last edited:
Just wondering if someone can help me with this problem? I'm trying to respond to a question asked via PM and when I do I receive this pop up asking that I contact an administrator. I've never had this happen before.

Here's the code/pop up: ed3a-87d7-0eb5-0b03

Thanks for your time.

Paul

I spoke too soon in the "outage" thread.

(This seems to be a separate issue, mayhap?)

I am still sporadically being blocked by "dotDefender," receiving a "blocked" alert and Reference ID number when I try to post or send PMs.

Thanks for any help, and/or for letting me know that it's maybe not just me...?

~ P.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 1.51.36 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 1.51.36 PM.png
    7 KB · Views: 7
Getting dotDefender blocked access when trying to access from my phone. no issues on other sites on my phone. No issues from my home computer.

I can seldom post or PM, and this is still happening (most recent Error message from dotDefender).

Hay-elp?

~ P.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 7.58.12 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 7.58.12 PM.png
    7 KB · Views: 11
I'm getting the same "Leave this page?" prompts which results in a double tap.

I just got one when I tried to refresh the Cove thread list:
19-Feb-2013 08:11PM
dotDefender Blocked Your Request

Please contact the site administrator, and provide the following Reference ID:

c310-4e19-e7f7-376d

Then when I hit refresh again it worked.

I'm on Eastern Time.

Trying multiple posts
All been blocked by dotdefender
c556-7bc0-5cb3-5616 This one was this morning 2-21 trying to edit a post.

Eastern

Last edited:
The idea is you copy the error message and paste it in here, and then you say what time zone you're in because although the error message includes a timestamp it doesn't say what time zone.

If you just say what time zone you're in without pasting in the error message, that doesn't accomplish much....

Back