2 Questions about Buck

Chin Mullet

Banned
1. Is it OK to wash a Buck 110 with warm water and dish soap? I would like to do that to mine and then blow it out with compressed air and then oil it. It's a bit gritty and I was hoping this would help.

2. Are models like the 325 made here in the states or overseas? Is there a listing of models that are made here in the states?

Thank you!

Question 1:Yes, as long as you dry it out quickly and thoughly it shouldn't hurt it, although I would probably blast out the grit with WD-40 then compressed air then wipe down and oil.

Question 2:the 325's are made overseas. I don't think Buck has released a list of overseas models.

Thanks. That kind of stinks because I will not buy knives made overseas but I really like the little 325. Oh well.

About washing the 110, I was just worried that I would harm the wood handles.

That is a big issue for some folks, and to each his own I guess, but I will say that so far none of Bucks stuff from overseas has been bad of the ones I have.

LC is correct in that it should not hurt the knife to wash it out and your thought about blowing it out with air is probably fine but his suggestion of using WD-40 is an excellent one...and it will lube the knife as well.

The listing for made in usa knives can be found in our consumer brochure where we added "made in usa" to the descriptions of the knives we make in our factory here in Idaho.

Holy cow. Thank you Mr. Buck. I would have never thought I would see a person from the Buck family replying here.

Thank you sir! :D

I used to do it a lot more but hard to find the time. Fridays are pretty quiet....

I understand your desire to support domestic production but if you can see past that the 325 is a very nice little knife, nicely priced, sheeple friendly and perdy much invisible in your pocket. If I were you I would suck it up and have one.

Back