"2007 Special Edition" lettering difference

lunde

Gold Member
While this is clearly a thread that is useless without photos, and some are included, I wanted to point out an observation I made a few minutes ago while fondling the 2007 SE ASH1 that I received recently. Its lettering is more defined than those of the other seven that I have. Below are some examples:

2007 SE FSH:

hofsh2007se-10.jpg

2007 SE BATAC:

batac2007se-4.jpg

The lettering of my 2007 SE ASH1, which was made more recently, is more prominant, and doesn't have dot-like thingies on the letters. For each letter, I see a stop or start dot, but the rest of the letter is very clearly defined. Its "Busse Combat" logo is also more clearly defined, with more black.

Has anyone else noticed this? Of course, it's a non-problem, and merely an observation.

Maybe they just upgraded their machine...

I know the logos are much more pronounced on my latest Badger LE
and the new fat wardens. The new logos are bigger as well.

Wasn't there a rumor that the laser etch machine was broken earlier this year and that's why all the sterile blades at Blade West????

Wasn't there a rumor that the laser etch machine was broken earlier this year and that's why all the sterile blades at Blade West????

I heard that Busse was temporarily using an "Easy-Bake" to bake on the letters during that span. Maybe you got one from one of those batches. :thumbup:

attachment.php

Back