2012 Forum Knife by GEC - Who's Got Em? POST YOUR PICTURES!!

Not entirely my cup of tea (he say's.....) but the grind and finish on the blades looks top notch:)

Sam

I got mine last Saturday. Here is a quick photo from this afternoon.

2012bladeforumtrapper.jpg

Ed J

Got mine yesterday. Great knife that is well put together and looks great. The blades seem thinner to me than other GEC knives I own (no complaint just an observation). I sharpened both blades and WOW they got sharp quick. I mean whittle hair like a razor sharp. I am extremely impressed to say the least.

I haven't done a direct comparison, but last year's forum knife was ridiculously thin. No way of actually measuring behind the edge, but it felt thinner to me than this year's. Though I agree I love the thinness of both years.

EDIT: and the scales/jigging/dye on both did not impress me much in photos. But as soon as I held both I loved them immediately. Both years give off an old school vibe, and I dig it.

Last edited:
Wife intercepts them and puts them away until Christmas...its imposed will power!!! :p

I can't wait to get it in my hand though and will post pics christmas morning on here, she did the same with last years but it was totally worth it. I have bought like 2 knives all year which is the lowest number i've bought since I was 12 years old haha.

The trick is to know where she hides them. Then you can at least sneak a peek. (Don't ask me how I know that and do not tell my wife that I know her standard hiding place.)

The trick is to know where she hides them. Then you can at least sneak a peek. (Don't ask me how I know that and do not tell my wife that I know her standard hiding place.)

I have a 110 year old house with 3.5 levels (including attic and basement) with many rooms, nooks, crannies, closets, draws, crawl spaces and access points plus a tool shed, garage and porch storage space...she also has a pistol I was sent and have no idea where it could be hahaha

I was hoping the thin veil of halloween would bring a ghost out to help me find em! :p

Thank you for saying that. It could have been sharper if I'd gotten out my tripod. It was taken hand held at 1/30th, with on camera flash, bounced off of the adjacent wall. I plan to take some more when I have more time.

Got mine as well, my first GEC and very impressed with the fit and finish. Unfortunately someone forgot to sharpen my wharncliff blade :/ I can push my thumb into it without it cutting

Got mine as well, my first GEC and very impressed with the fit and finish. Unfortunately someone forgot to sharpen my wharncliff blade :/ I can push my thumb into it without it cutting

Mine came in like that, and the clip isn't that sharp either, but I plan on fixing that this weekend. :thumbup:

Back