2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: *Commitment/Sign-up* thread

I would say that 95% of it looks good but one part of one side has what appears to be scratch like spots. They are pretty minor though.

So do they have Christmas green then? I sent in a black gunhammer for some warranty work and they offered to replace it with another in any color I wanted. I picked the olive drab looking green and then Lacey emailed me a pic with 3 different greens, one of which is Christmas green and I asked if I wanted that instead. Looks identical to these.

So do they have Christmas green then? I sent in a black gunhammer for some warranty work and they offered to replace it with another in any color I wanted. I picked the olive drab looking green and then Lacey emailed me a pic with 3 different greens, one of which is Christmas green and I asked if I wanted that instead. Looks identical to these.

...wtf

Guys,
S90V has been a steel that I have used since it was called 420v in the 1990's.
We are also making CUSTOM DDR GUN HAMMERS with S90v.
Why would you be disappointed? We never promised anything like exclusivity to the steel. We did to the handle color and that promise is in STONE!.

Just to be clear, we use S110V, S90V, S35VN, M390, LMAX, XHP, Several Core San Mai Steels developed Damascus, Mokuti, ZircaTi, Forge Hammers TI (exclusive for DDR), The new Sprayed D2 from Crucible PSF27D2, Damasteel, Carbon Fiber, Ctec, Ivory, G10, and a dozen other materials.
We have the pictures done of the forum knife marked in the custom shop that I will post by tomorrow.
All of the knives will be hand marked one at a time. We are building them now.
Pictures coming soon.
Does that clear everything up?

P.S. The move set us back several months on our estimated delivery schedule.
We do apologize for that. We estimated that we would be down 30 days most.
It ended up being 5 months just to get electric installed.

DDR

Just saying

Just saying that while we were waiting Knife center got a shipment of S90V HTM's. It would be interesting to know the real book list dates and if indeed Knifecenter ordered before us.

I haVE MY TORPEDO version of the forum knife and like I said I am disappointed in the fit and finish. Mine was dull when i received but some time on my Wicked edge did produce a laser beam edge. Still, it was a disappointing deal for me and unless Darryl sends me some type of signifidcant coupon i am done with HTM.

Sometimes sorry just doesn't do it.
Just saying

Hi Guys,
I will check and get the details on the green handles and get back to you.

We are working to get all of the knives delivered.
Anyone with issues, Please email me at dralph@earthlink.net. Mr Blue please email me. I want to speak to you personally.
Please wait until next week.
I will be out of the office.
We appreciate all of you.

DDR

Last edited:
We were promised that this color is never going to be used on any other knives of his.
Just to clarify, the promise was that this *combination* of blade steel and handle color wouldn't be used on any other knife, not that the handle color would never be used elsewhere. Having said that, Darrel prefers to use Type 3 anodizing on the HTM Gunhammers (we had to go with Type 2 in order to get this shade of green), so I doubt this is going to pop up as a regular handle color or anything like that.

Also, in case anyone's curious, Darrel is preparing for and traveling to A.G. Russell's annual knife show this week (it runs Friday through Sunday), which is why he won't be back in the office until next week and asked that you guys wait until then if you want to call him.

Last edited:
Hey Guys ~ it's Lacey again. As Darrel and Neuron both stated DDR is out of town for the AG Russell event, however with the concerns that have been brought about regarding the exclusivity of the handle color I wanted to address and explain the unique situation with compman25 and the offer extended to him:

~ He sent a knife into us for warranty repair, it happened to be one of the original 100 gun hammer pieces, the company's silent partner wanted to keep this knife for the company museum collection. On his behalf I offered a trade to compman25, when the picture to display the different greens was taken there happened to be a forum knife on the bench and the thought came about that it might be nice to offer him an exclusive color for his original knife, which he chose. We had an extra handle set due to the cancellation of one order, so to us it did not seem like a bad idea considering the value of the knife to our company.

~ Let me very clear in this: this color is and always has been exclusive to this forum. The "Christmas" green is not a new color option; it was the best way that we could think of to describe it. Again it was a simple, nice gesture on our part to someone with an original knife for an exclusive color. It has not been offered to anyone else nor will it ever be. Outside of the color of the handles, this knife differs from the knife offered here: S30 steel instead of S90, different markings, etc.

On a more personal note, I came to the company after the move and after the forum project was well under way, therefore I was not entirely aware of the full extent of everything going into this project. I have learned as it has come about on this end and have done my best to accommodate all questions or concerns - if for some reason my lack of knowledge about this project has dis-swayed any of you from the HTM brand then I apologize for that.

I hate to ask but I will; any additional concerns regarding this project will need to be addressed by DDR after his return from this weekend's show, therefore if you have any questions feel free to email me and I will hold them until I see him next week or wait until Tuesday to shoot those emails our way. We will do our best to get this situation sorted out.

I have four knives that I have been unable to reach people in regards to finishing them, if you believe that you are part of those four please contact us next week so that we can finish your knives for you.

Thanks guys,
Lacey

Sorry for the trouble I caused. I didn't know at the time that the reason I was offered the color was because of the knife I sent in. Again, sorry for causing Lacey problems with this.

Well I'm late on these pictures...unfortunately work got in the way of my promised delivery. The only camera I had available was my phone so I hope these work ok...they won't be great.

image_zpsb82e4c59.jpg

image_zpsc97627b6.jpg

image_zps1a1b7a6d.jpg

image_zps1ec5933a.jpg

There are more pictures...I think the album is public. Just wanted to show the two knives together.

#6 Bowie with the Maxx Glide arrived a few days ago. The fit and finish are just perfect. The knife locks up with zero side play. Solid as a fixed blade with about 55% lock. And, unlike all of my other flipper knives, it doesn't jam the lock in the open position. I don't know what Darrel did to achieve this, but the effort to unlock the blade is the same no matter how briskly you open it. The edge was ground - rather than polished, and you can see the grind marks with a loupe - but it shaves hair with absolutely no effort. Thanks to all who complained about the S90 engraving on the torpedo blade, the Bowie blades seem to have no steel designation at all. My blade has the DDR and HTM logos, and my number - that is all. Just like the other Bowie blades in the photos to date. The green color is amazing. It doesn't exactly glow in the dark, but its close. Overall, the quality of this knife is very representative of a hand made knife. The blade grind is perfect, the edge is shaving sharp, the scales are unusual and exceptional, and the knife operates like a knife that was hand honed and hand assembled. I couldn't be happier with the quality of this knife. I haven't cut down a tree yet, but I have replaced my EDC knife (all stainless DDR designed Camillus EDC model) with the Forum knife. It is thicker and heavier but not a problem to carry in a pocket. I feel good about the blade steel and I am confident it will cut like a light saber when I need it. If you like the Gunhammer model, this is the ultimate. I'm tickled.

I thought I'd add this as I'm pretty impressed with after sale customer service and turn around time. I sent my my #44 bowie back to have a couple if items fixed. My knife was returned in less than a week with the blade sharpened and also marked "S90V". I'm extremely happy with what DDR returned to me.

Back