2012 OKCA Thread

John, I feel your pain. I was worried that I was the only one without any finished knives for the show :D

I have 6 ground, heat treated, and ready for finishing but who knows how many of them I'll be able to actually get done in time.

It's going to be a rough couple of weeks.

Only a week and a half away i guess its time to finish up the fun stuff!!
Heres a bit of good wood and antler, teamed up with some damascus, ATS-34, O-1, should finish the week up at the leather table doin a little hand stitchin, my thumbs and first two fingers are showin the push for this show, see you all there!:D:thumbup:
Greg
Table P-15

knives532.jpg

Tent...check, favorite camp knife...check, wooded spot with river view...check, cash to buy favorite knife this year...DOH. Hmm lets see, what can I sell for quick cash? This year I'm not sleeping in after long night drinking at camp. I need to get there early before all the good stuff is gone. :)

Good luck to all! I'm very much looking forward to the show.

Hey Schmiddy, Make sure you stop by and say hello! I am sure if you contact Jonny about the knife you want he can put a SOLD tag on it :D

Almost ready! Still need to finish up the SanMai Chopper.
RyanWOKCALineUp.jpg

I cant take full credit for the Sharp Super Pointy Knife #4 from the Top. That is the Collaboration knife I am doing with Jason Magruder. Nice Job on the Blade Jason!

You've been a busy boy, my friend, looking awesome!........get that San Mai done. I don't want to be waiting for the postman Thursday morning, I have to meet somebody at the Hertz rental center!! :D;)

Almost ready! Still need to finish up the SanMai Chopper.
RyanWOKCALineUp.jpg

I cant take full credit for the Sharp Super Pointy Knife #4 from the Top. That is the Collaboration knife I am doing with Jason Magruder. Nice Job on the Blade Jason!

Holy Shiznit that is soon! I am going to get them in the mail today to you brother. The SanMai Chopper will have to take a ride in my Checked Bag I am afraid! I am still waiting for Mr. Davis' Package to arrive with a piece of wood. Mark From It's a Burl's package arrived :eek:. I may move ahead if Mikes package isn't here later today!

Hey Schmiddy, Make sure you stop by and say hello! I am sure if you contact Jonny about the knife you want he can put a SOLD tag on it :D

I will be stopping by for sure. I'm the guy that stops at every booth and talks to anyone willing to converse. You'll know me when I never leave. The weekend is not long enough for all the booths I'll be "stopping by." I also never know what my favorite knife will be until I get there. To me they are very personal and I need to feel them in my hand. I never buy anything but custom work and therefor I only buy knives once a year in April and I my withdrawals usually start in May. I cant wait!!!

Hey everyone. This will be the first knife show I'm attending, so please forgive me if I stand at gawk at everyones knives. :p Would it be appropriate to bring some of my own work and ask for honest criticism?

Hey everyone. This will be the first knife show I'm attending, so please forgive me if I stand at gawk at everyones knives. :p Would it be appropriate to bring some of my own work and ask for honest criticism?

Stop by and say hi. I'll be at table p-3

Bringing a few of your own knives for critique is probably okay.........whether that should be done in the actual show or not is probably open to debate. I think it's okay.

As for selling your knives in the show without being a table holder.......that's a major no-no and will most likely get you thrown out.

Stop by and say hi. I'll be at table p-3

Bringing a few of your own knives for critique is probably okay.........whether that should be done in the actual show or not is probably open to debate. I think it's okay.

As for selling your knives in the show without being a table holder.......that's a major no-no and will most likely get you thrown out.
I'll be sure to check out your table. I wasn't planning on trying to sell them anyway, so there's no problem there.

Z Bacon I am at table J16 Sandwiched between the Bobsey Twins (Jason and Jonny) Say hi!

Make sure when you show John D. your knives you use the magic words "Will you honestly critique my knives?" :D Speaking from past experience here.

Z Bacon I am at table J16 Sandwiched between the Bobsey Twins (Jason and Jonny) Say hi!

Make sure when you show John D. your knives you use the magic words "Will you honestly critique my knives?" :D Speaking from past experience here.

Thanks for the advice. :) I'll definitely drop by your table.

Heat treat on my one knife for show n tell tonight!!!
Got my fittings ground and shaped last night. Hopefully will get the wrought pieces etched too. Who knows, maybe I can get a second blade finish ground while tempering?

Can we put the show off a few days so I have more time???

Back