1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

2013 Case/Bose Collaboration

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by KnifeHead, Jan 16, 2013.

1. KnifeHead

KnifeHead I'm bad, I'm nationwide Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 5, 2006
    This will likely be a huge hit due to it's size and utility. I don't know about the details yet of what handle materials will be offered, etc. All I know is what it's going to be. As the thread "evolves" I'm sure the other details will be filled in. This years collaboration, the Tony Bose 3 1/2" Wharncliffe Trapper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MT Damascus

MT Damascus Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Awesome!!!

3. I am glad I put in my reservations now! Wow, I really like the looks of that.

4. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Ooh-de-lah-lay, that's fine.

I really like the size, too.

I already consider Case's wharncliffe Mini Trapper (also 3.5") to be one of their best all-around offerings; this knife will, of course, take that to a whole new level-- including that it sports a true wharncliffe, and not Case's lambsfoot iteration.

Well-chosen!

~ P.

5. Peruna1998

Peruna1998

Sep 8, 2009
    Oh, now that's nice.

6. 2Dead

2Dead Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Great pattern!! I'll definitely be in for 1 or 2 this year :D

7. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Seems like an idea whose time has come. Gonna be a lot of happy campers out there.

8. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 11, 2007
    Very exciting.

9. canineforge

canineforge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    All right!! Destined to be a BIG hit for Case. Way to go Tony! Think I'll light up a stogie just for the occasion. :thumbup:

- Joe

10. zcd

zcd

Jun 6, 2012
    I love this one!! Can't wait

11. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Wow! That looks good :thumbup:

12. ptradeco

ptradeco Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2010
    What Elliott said!

13. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator

Sep 2, 2004
    Wow! My favorite pattern and favorite size in a Bose/Case collab. Life is good!

14. Woodrow F Call

Woodrow F Call Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 3, 2013
    How do I get on the list for one?

15. Call or email your favorite dealer and ask them if they will be getting the new Case Bose collaboration, and if they are taking reservations for it. My spot only gets a few, if they get any at all, each year.

BTW, I reserved any model they get, before I even knew what the pattern was. I wonder if I should forget about bone scales and stick with ebony. Either bone or ebony would look good, but I think ebony might really look good. Subtle but appealing nonretheless.

16. akadave2

akadave2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Gorgeous! I want 2!!!!

17. smitty44

smitty44

Dec 31, 2006
    Thats what happens when two great names come up with a beautiful knife,love to see it in stag handles.

18. mmarkh

mmarkh Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2005
    At that size I will get one for sure.

19. shrapne1

shrapne1

Aug 17, 2012
    please excuse my ignorance, but do the current case-bose collaborations have milled (relieved) liners? that seems like a very nice extra step that keeps the knife clean looking even after long periods of use. I can see this one does and the pattern\knife in general is really striking a chord with me:thumbup::thumbup:

20. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the 2012 Traditional's Forum Knife based loosely on that pattern?