2016 East Coast Custom Knife Show - TOP Personalities and Craftsmanship

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi Friends,

Last week (Mar 11-13) we attended and worked as the Show Photography Studio for the 27th Annual ECCKS.

Fifty Fifty Productions (Steve and Nick D'Lack, Kylee, Cricket, Peter, and other regulars) have promoted this show for years. Outstanding team!

This will be the LAST year it is held in NJ. They will move the show site to Ft.Lauderdale, FL for 2017. It will still be the 'ECCKS'. :D

I've been fortunate to live close to this site in NJ, and it's allowed me to get my son Trevor to work with me on Sat and Sun.

Susan and I arrive early on Friday to setup (90 min drive) and I leave @ 5:30am Sat to pick up Trevor back home and return by 8:30am. It's a lonnnnnng day!

He has helped us by doing pickups and deliveries. he's VERY personable and energetic. At one point he was bored and I told him I'd PAY him if he'd go around the show taking photos of any and all tableholders.

At age 13 he has a MUCH better chance at evoking a smile, than I would. :eek: :) I think you will see how much fun this event was through his 'People images'.

I have TONS of knife images to display, but right now I'm going to post the people shots. (I'll edit the names in later today.)

Let's get going!

Kylee Allen & Cricket (?) from the Fifty-Fifty team, and Keith and Amy Ouye
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Pete Pruyn, One of the security guards hamming it with T-Rev, and Antonio Fogarizzu with his family.
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Robert Oldaker (Mr. Damascus Knives), Lisa Tomlin - Engraver, Joe and Kristi Culpepper.
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Last edited:
Andrew Demko brought a family entourage (The youngest was T-Rev's shooting partner!), Art Green & Rich Colbrook, Gary Levine & Ed Wormser.
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Koji Hara, Hidetoshi Nakayama - Japanese maker, John Gray giving T-Rev some needed humble pie after Keith Ouye gave him a metal comb and John gave key holder. THANKS Keith and John!
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Michael West (Denmark), (?) African Custom Knives, (?) Patrick Teyke & Dietmar Kressler
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Last edited:
Fabrizio Silvestrelli (Italy), Johann Van Deventer (So Africa), Amayak Stepanyan (US engraver)
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Dellana (showing her Jim Schmidt inspired 'Goblin' folder. It was KILLER!), Daniel Watson making faces at the boys, Sebastian Berenji (Borka Blades)
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Jake Hoback (photobombed by Ryan at ACK), Eugene Solomonik (Olamic Cutlery), Lynda & Des Horn (So. Africa).
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Last edited:
Thuens Prinsloo (So Africa), Brandon (?) & Ian Ralph (Darrell Ralph Knives)
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Bryan & Allison Wyszkowski (Writer/Journalist), Doug Ritter (Knife Rights Extraordinaire)
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Jim 'Coop' Cooper - I have a VERY nice setup to work from.
orig.jpg

Looking down at T-Rev from the third floor to the lobby!
orig.jpg

EDIT: I've edited in the names as best I knew. Please send me a PM if I made a mistake.

Coop

Last edited:
Looking forward to your full picture report as usual.
thank you coop for bringing all these to us.

Coop,

Outstanding as always! Your son did a great job. He clearly has photography in his blood.

John

I didn't even know the show was going on last weekend....none of my friends made any mention of it.:eek:

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Great set of pics, Coop, your son really did a great job grabbing those smiles!

I didn't realize it was last weekend either until I purchased a knife that had been delivered there.
Thanks for sharing the photos Jim.

^^^ Guilty as charged. :( I did not make the time to start a buildup ECCKS thread. However, I will make up for that here.

Here's the promo 'postcard' ad I had created. It didn't get printed, but it sure looks great! (Props to Aaron Frederick and JW Smith for the collab Grand Prize giveaway)
orig.jpg

A favorite of this NY/NJ Show is the cookie boxes delivered to a handful of principals from the Bennett family: Robert, Carol, and son Bill. How WE qualify makes me thankful. :thumbup:
orig.jpg

Van Barnett is taking a new direction with his art.
orig.jpg

Todd Begg makes them sturdy and colorful.
orig.jpg

Tim Britton with Jim Small engraving. Simply delicious!
orig.jpg

Trevor Burger with Julian Marchal's engraving, team up to create super knives!
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

More....

Daniel Cattaneo from Italy
orig.jpg

Dr. Kevin Cross from USA/CT
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Antonio Fogarizzu with a jaw-dropping folder.
orig.jpg

And a classic with Manrico Torcoli's high-end engraving.
orig.jpg

Aaron Frederick does his thing well!
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Marcello Garau with similar and compelling knives
orig.jpg

Koji Hara and his beautiful inlays and engraving
orig.jpg

Anders Hedlund
with a breathtaking folder which has a centerpiece of diamonds (?).
orig.jpg

The late Jess Horn with a classic 25th Anniversary folder. (I learned he passed away in Feb. :()
orig.jpg

Closing this post with four of Des Horn's immaculate folders.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Kevin Lesswing - local maker from NJ
orig.jpg

Chad Nell shipped to me a folder before the show to capture. It's a new model flipper which operates smartly.
orig.jpg

Gilles Victor from France brought this amazing folder.
orig.jpg

Any show which has Michael Walker as a table holder is a GREAT show. Don't expect a pile of knives. If you can handle just one it's a privilege.
orig.jpg

A set of Darrel Ralph folders
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Mr Damascus has a maker in Thailand creating these stout and colorful folders.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Todd Fischer is considered one of the very best in dress tacticals. He works with Stan Wilson, and you can see styling similarities.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Charles Gedraitis
must be VERY pleased to see his work elevated by Andrey Yanyutin from Russia. (High-end engraving!)
orig.jpg

Todd Begg with a LOT of exotic materials and shapings.
orig.jpg

A VERY large axe from Vladic Daniluk
orig.jpg

I shot one donation knife for the US KnifeRights.org causes. Given by Trevor Burger from So. Africa!
orig.jpg

I have MANY more images to edit and finish. I will get to them later this week, and add to the thread.

Thanks for viewing!

Back