2nd Run of the BUSSTR folder

No sir. Here is a final shot of the two just up.

These all turned out pretty sweet. :thumbup:

Oh Fred. I seemed to have mis placed your address. Shoot that to me again please and this will go out tomorrow morning to you.

Thanks guys.

STR

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 60
Patience is nothing if I'm getting a custom folder made to my specs for this price, plus I learned never to rush a maker cause I wouldn't want a rush job :)

Very nice, the pics show it very well. I just always like red (sorta dark red) with black, this color you can't really tell if it's dirty or has been smudged and it has attitude :)

I'll make payment to your paypal address once I receive the email address STR.

Thanks.

Stephen yes. Received payment and replied to your email. Thanks

STR

Ok guys. We have three officially out and on the way in the morning mail today. Please let me know when they arrive and you are playing with them. Cotherion your package will undoubtedly take longer by a bit being that you are in Malaysia but when I mail to Australia or the UK or Germany and other places using that Global Priority mail it seems to take six to eight days to get where its going while other places like Italy and Greece seem to take weeks for some reason. Whatever the case please alert us to the fact that you have your folder my friend when it gets there. And thanks again for your patience. I know you've been chompin' at the bit waiting so we are close and hopefully you'll have it sooner rather than later. :thumbup:

STR

No problem Stephan, I'm used to the waiting. I bought 100++ blades form the US so I'm used to it :)

Waiting for you to make it however has its benefit, it got me to slow down on my purchases cause in the back of my mind I had to keep some funds ready for the BUSSTR. So it's kinda like I saved some cash in the process.

I'll give you a shout out when it arrives so you know how long it takes to my little 3rd world country :)

Thanks again.

My BUSSTR arrived in the mail today and it is even better looking than in the pictures. Feels good in my hand as well. :thumbup:

Debating whether to use Renaissance wax on the Micarta, or just let it develop its own patina over time. What do you think?

Fred

I don't know. Lots of folks use that on wood but I've not tried or seen it that I recall on Micarta. It may change the grippy feeling but I can't say how it would look since I've not tried it.

STR

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Here are the final pics of the one for Kingshoc. Its officially finished now so one down. :thumbup:

STR

This knife will find a home in my pocket for sure my newest EDC i cant wait for the knife to arrive.

Marcus

Its wrapped up and the label is printed. I missed the PO today before close due to being in the shop and just now getting your info but it will go out tomorrow morning.

Thanks

STR

I would just like to say that STR is one of the best Person i have ever done business with hope to do more to let you all know my local post office delivered my knife to someone else June 11th well it showed up today June 16th. I am very pleased with the BUSSTER folder it was a gift to my son so i was bummed when it didn't show up i let Steve know what was going on i didn't know if he would believe me. He was preparing to make me a new (which i didn't want him to do never told him that i was thinking it in my mind) but out of the kindness of his heart he was going too. STR thanks for being who you are. Like i said before it was a great pleasure to do business with you. :thumbup::thumbup::cool::cool:

Marcus

No sweat man! I am greatly relieved to know it arrived. I did have the parts all laid out to assemble another using black linen and a Cobbler blade but I am glad it is not needed now. I was still a ways away from getting it to the finish line though and it wasn't started but I did feel so bad for you once I found out what had occurred. This has happened to me also and its why I hate delivery confirmation. All its good for is telling the person that mailed it that it was delivered but not necessarily to the correct house! In my case I had a neighbor living on the next street over getting my mail on occasion and just sitting on it rather than returning it to me or putting it in their mail box as delivered to the wrong address so my mail person could correct it. It wasn't until an expensive knife disappeared that the USPS web site said was delivered that I inquired about it with my mail lady who took it upon herself to find out and sure enough the folks down the road confessed they had received my mail. It was still sitting (opened) in their living area and they had a knife book on values and appraisals I bought from Amazon that was reported as never received that they had fingered through apparently finding interesting enough to read some.

I really don't know if they would ever have gotten around to getting me my property or not but they did have that book for over a month and some junk mail as well as my BenchMade Ares folder that my mail lady tracked down to them. Had it not been for her I may not have received it as soon as I did I can for sure say that. It sounds like you have honest neighbors. ;) I'm very glad to hear you received the folder. I hope your son enjoys it. Tell him I said to go ahead and stick some bandaids in his wallet now just in case. Those Cobbler blades do bite you know? :D

STR

Arrived a couple of days ago and I've been testing it till now.

The red and black G10 is really sexy. I'm glad I made that choice. I have many G10 colors and combis and this is one of my favorites now. Not too 'stand-out' but with character if admired. Nice shaping, quite well shaped scales.

The blade is zero edge and cuts like a laser. I do not use it for hard stuff but more like for envelopes, fruits, plastic-wrapping and the occasional rope. Sharpening is just by stropping to hair poppin edge. Quite easy to sharpen and enjoyable to use.

Took an hour of continuous opening and closing (no lubrication) to 'set-it-in' or 'break-in'. After that a generous dollop of lubrication to not only lubricate but also to clean and now it is smooth and pleasant to open with a firm lock-up. The lock has no relief but has no issues with it. The lock is definitely not going to fail on me anytime in my lifetime. Even if I open and close continuously for a very long time until the lockbar touches the opposite liner it will not be a safety issue. The lock is thicker than the blade!

The weight is very light considering there is no holes in the liner. Must be the titanium and the ultra thin blade I reckon. The clip is very very nice, one of the nicest ones I have so far. I have no fear of my folder being obvious when I walk around now. However I had to blunt (very little filing) the G10 near the clip screws location cause it was snagging on my pockets and now it is very nice to put in and take out.

I'm glad I got this classy folder. A custom folder which is a real great cutter that is easy to use and sharpen. This is an everyday user on my right pocket with my S110v shallot on my left pocket for tougher use. I have to admit my S110v shallot cannot outcut the BUSSTR but I'm aware we have to avoid using the BUSSTR rough like a prybar :)

Thanks STR, I'll be leaving a well deserved feedback in the future, now I got some work to do. I'm well satisfied :)

Glad it arrived safely. I always worry a bit when they leave the country. The BUSSTR grows on you. In many ways I can't get by without mine and find it makes a great deal of the tasks I need a knife for to be less effort so hopefully you'll notice this also. Rarely will you find anything that will out perform that light sabre no matter if its an orange on the cutting board or a fuzz stick to start a camp fire. About the only caution is the one you are apparently aware of in that the edge is thin and therefore can deform or ding easier so when doing some jobs, lets say cutting down a tree limb to debark it, you would take off smaller chunks around the knots rather than muscle the blade clear through and stuff like this. Even having to do this the blade still makes short work of the job. Edge holding is good to great and as you've found out touch ups are a piece of cake.

I thought you'd like the handle scales. I did too and that is the first time I've seen it on a knife. The G10 models are actually a bit heavier than the Micarta ones so yours is actually one of the heavier ones as I recall. They are still quite light though. Based on my measurments the blade should be .002 thinner than the lock. Not much difference but it should equal a strong reliable build for your contact and long term life. Once the bead blasting and the surfaces polish up some they all smooth out so I'm sure in no time it will be silky smooth for you. Enjoy.

STR

JAlexander- HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU AND DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT SO I CAN BUILD IT
HiMalMtMan- HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU AND DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT SO I CAN BUILD IT

STR

STR,
if either of these fall through, any chance on jumping in line?
been talking to "Cuts like a kris" about his and i would love to steal one of these.
i'm going on the "it can't hurt to ask" principle here so no worries either way.
i can be reached at Russellmiller@live.com
thanks for you time.

Thanks for asking. If you want a Cobbler blade I guess I could add you to the list but its going to be a long time before I can get to it my friend. I've got a 4 month back log of work here currently to knock out and small jobs coming in all the time so as long as the wait is not a problem I can put you down.

Oh and besides the Cobber blades I've got some Sod Buster blades I'll be making to fit this folder that are going to heat treat soon but not there just yet. These are all 12C27 in .100 thickness at what will hover around 60 Rockwell hardness. I can't give an exact time on those blades either. It won't be super fast lets just say that. It may even be six months down the road before I can get to any of these remaining BUSSTR folders.

STR

STR---I'll say it again...that's one of the nicest folders on the market!!
And..I'm Broke!!

I am still digging on mine and have gotten a lot of work out of it...although I am getting the itch to rescale it. I pressed up some "sunburst" laminate in red-orange-yellow that I think might be the ticket.

Great work Steve, it is still very appreciated,:thumbup:

-Todd

Thanks guys. Mighty nice of yas.:thumbup:

STR

Back