1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

About selling as gold member...

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Douglas Thor, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Douglas Thor

Douglas Thor

Aug 1, 2012
    Hi Folks.

I have a very nice knife collection to sell. It was from a friends husband who passed away.

Now, i have a store, but i'm not a knife dealer. I'm not selling this collection as part of my store. I'm selling them privately.
    Will i be ok with a gold membership?

-Doug

2. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 6, 2000
    You can sell your own knives as a Gold member. To sell someone else's knives, you need to be a Dealer.

See http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=699&a=98
    SECTION 1- Membership Levels Defined, and
    SECTION 3 - Rules for Sellers / Traders / Service Providers at
    6. No sales for third parties. If your "friend" wants an item sold, they must create their own account and list it themselves.

So if you are going to be the middleman for them, you need a Dealer membership.

3. Douglas Thor

Douglas Thor

Aug 1, 2012
    Ok Thank You Esav....

I think i'll just go ahead and purchase a dealer account next week.
    I have an outdoors store also, so most of my products will be compatible with this sites users.

I look forward to doing business with you.

-Doug

4. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
  5. Douglas Thor

Douglas Thor

Aug 1, 2012