All about Bucklites and Selector's & 110's & 112's LTs and Slims ...

Now for some selector's.
P1050198.jpg

P1050302.jpg

P1050304.jpg

Thanks for looking. HL

Now I know where all my blades and selectors went to... What an awesome collection thanks for sharing... Now I want more... email me sometime I have a few questions...

:)

Thanks I4Bucks, for sharing your Buck Selector's with all us
here on this thread (All about Bucklites and Selector's)...
You have some good ones in your collection... :thumbup:

If this one has been discussed, I apologize. Read through about 15 pages and got dizzy so I'll post it here.

Pawn shop find today. Scoutlite 412. I can't find one with one rivet, and the boyscout logo stamped on the tang. Any information on age?

IMAG4327_zpsduiiz5zz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG4328_zps7ov3du5r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG4331_zpsg2j4dlzn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for any information on this.

NC, nice score... Your is a "second generation" models, made in 1988 like Dave M said...
I'm not sure how many years they made them for... But they did make a lot of them...
So there NOT RARE... I like the first generation more, because they were a two piece
handle knife... That's just me... I thought I had one or two of the second generations
Scoutlites, but I don't so I need to get a few of them for my collection...
Anyway you can read this really good article on page 22 post 431- 438 in this Thread...
It's about how Bucklites came to be... Post 434 is about Scoutlites...

Here's part of it post 4 ...

Part 4 ...

By a wide margin, the best-known "custom" BuckLites during these first four years were those created for the Boy Scouts of America. Just one year after the first BuckLite hit the streets, Buck introduced the model 412 ScoutLite, using the same design, size, and materials as the 422, but with a gorgeous bright red handle and the BSA's "Official Knife" designation etched on the blade. It came with essentially the same canvas sheath as earlier BuckLites, but in Green and Khaki with the BSA logo stitched on the outside. One year later, the ScoutLite was joined by the model 414 CubLite, intended for younger scouts and, of course, based on the 424 BuckLite II, but this time with a really nice dark blue Valox™ handle and, as expected, an appropriately stitched blue and yellow Cub Scout labeled sheath.

In 1988, the BuckLite family was redesigned. For the next eight years, this "second generation" of models saw evolution mostly in the area of handle color, but no radical physical design changes were made beyond this new iteration. The 422, 424, and 426 all used the same size and style of blade as the previous generation, with the primary change being to the construction of the handle. Instead of the two pieces of Valox™ used in the first model, Buck was able to injection-mold a single piece of thermoplastic for the entire handle. This new design was solid at the handle end and open at the front to accept the blade, which is held in place with and pivots on a single brass rivet. An open groove formed along the back accommodates the rocker, and the tension bar for the lock is inserted into a small hole formed at the base of the handle just for that purpose. This eliminated both of the handle end rivets needed in the previous model to hold the "sandwich" together, and allowed for a lanyard hole, which no previous BuckLite had. This so-called "unitized" handle also delivered a further weight reduction, and the 426 dropped from 3.4 to 3.1 ounces. A series of four small horizontal stripes along the back edge of the handle and a new pattern to the texturing completed the redesign, and this generation is easily identified by these features. Another hallmark of these second generation BuckLites is that they were made available, starting in 1991, with bright orange and even camouflage handles, allowing any BuckLite owner to either more easily find, or more easily lose, their knife, depending on whether the knife was dropped in the woods or in a truck full of pumpkins.

Thanks for the info! I did look at the Buck tang stamp chart after I posted and realized it was 1988. Yeah, I know most production Bucks are not necessarily RARE but I couldn't find any Scoutlites with one pin and scout stamp. Nothing on Google Images, auction sites (both for sale and sold) or any pics of one on any forums. That doesn't make it rare, but typically a few will show up on those sites.

Anyway, thanks for the link and I appreciate your time. Very educating.

They don't have a list for the different tang stamps...
They do show up on the bay all the time... Look at
the completed area... I think there are two there...
The box and paper work make a big different to a
collector... Yours will sell... I like older ones...

Eight toms walking along - only in the fall! I love that turkey knife Armand! OH

Thanks Old Hunter... It took me a long time to get one of these...
Now to find 2 more... I have both 424's with turkeys on them now...
I really like them both...

30 years ago I would have said that's a good hunting set. But, I went with orange handle, clip main, smooth round tip (gut) blade no serrations and saw blade. Thought every ounce counted with my 700 ft high lungs and hunting at 7500 (valley). 300

That's a cool sheath. I wish more were made. I really liked the skinner blade for the Selector. The drop point was second. DM

Thanks James, for sharing that awesome Buck Selector...
I want a sheath like that for my Selector... That's really cool...

Here is a few more selectors from the bottom drawer

selector-3.jpg

I'm still waiting to hear from you... I don't want none of your knives... I used to live in San Diego... Just wanted to talk to you about some buck knives and have you ever seen a few things... thanks

Back