All about Bucklites and Selector's & 110's & 112's LTs and Slims ...

I wish I could travel back in time and get those BSAs when I could. But, that is just the way it is. 300

Dear Buck- Please consider a run of Bucklites, in different colors.
Thank you,
rolf

Ecolites, please. 14mm thick (thinner). No finger grooves. Full brass liners. Brass lanyard hole. Full flat grind. Beautiful.

Armand, here is one to show you; since seeing your photo's I've been looking for a BSA Bucklite (Scoutlite). I found this Bucklite 422, in mint condition, yesterday in a pawnshop; a very early Bucklite (1983 per the blade etch). I see you have this one (same mark side etch), but your version has the OA jacket emblem etched on the pile side, mine has the Brotherhood sash etched on the pile side (that would imply that there are also Ordeal and Vigil sash versions out there). Unfortunately it is missing the sheath. OH

Bucklite_422_NOAC_1983.JPG

Bucklite_422_Brotherhood.JPG

I really like your Bucklite/Scoutlite... If you ever want to sell it lit me know... lol...
You have some good questions that I can't answer... Bill Keys new all the answers...
But he don't work for Buck any more...

Steve Sullivan, wrote this about Bucklites...

First introduced in 1984, the BuckLite family of knives started small, with just three models in two handle colors. The model 422 BuckLite was fashioned after the finger-grooved 112 Ranger and used the same modified clip style blade of that model. The handle surface of these first generation BuckLites featured a very small crosshatch pattern to improve grip, with the finger-grooved side and back edge left smooth. All of the first three models were available in a rich, dark, "chocolate bar brown" color and the 422 was also offered in olive drab. These new knives came standard with an entirely new sheath design to boot, essentially a canvas pouch with a belt loop sewn into the upper half and a Velcro closure at the top. The brown knives came standard with a tan and brown sheath, and the olive drab model 422 came with a green camouflage sheath. Both sold for $12.35, and sold quite well.

Part 4 ...

By a wide margin, the best-known "custom" BuckLites during these first four years were those created for the Boy Scouts of America. Just one year after the first BuckLite hit the streets, Buck introduced the model 412 ScoutLite, using the same design, size, and materials as the 422, but with a gorgeous bright red handle and the BSA's "Official Knife" designation etched on the blade. It came with essentially the same canvas sheath as earlier BuckLites, but in Green and Khaki with the BSA logo stitched on the outside. One year later, the ScoutLite was joined by the model 414 CubLite, intended for younger scouts and, of course, based on the 424 BuckLite II, but this time with a really nice dark blue Valox™ handle and, as expected, an appropriately stitched blue and yellow Cub Scout labeled sheath.

So I don't get how they got that date on the Blade 1983...

:)

Armand, thanks for sharing the above information concerning Bucklite's and Scoutlite's. I will venture some sheer speculation here; NOAC is a bi-annual event that brings in many top BSA adult professionals and volunteers, and the top youth leaders in the Order of the Arrow (many future professional and volunteer BSA leaders in this group). If Buck and the BSA were talking about introducing a special knife, then NOAC may have been a great place to gauge what the market would eventually look like (at least from a BSA perspective) and there are always limited collectibles offered at NOAC (just like at Jamboree's) - normally always a special edition knife of some sort. The name BUCKLITE on the NOAC handles suggest it was a limited run using the startup tooling and before the concept of a Scoutlite. Just some guessing on my part. OH

Armand, thanks for sharing the above information concerning Bucklite's and Scoutlite's. I will venture some sheer speculation here; NOAC is a bi-annual event that brings in many top BSA adult professionals and volunteers, and the top youth leaders in the Order of the Arrow (many future professional and volunteer BSA leaders in this group). If Buck and the BSA were talking about introducing a special knife, then NOAC may have been a great place to gauge what the market would eventually look like (at least from a BSA perspective) and there are always limited collectibles offered at NOAC (just like at Jamboree's) - normally always a special edition knife of some sort. The name BUCKLITE on the NOAC handles suggest it was a limited run using the startup tooling and before the concept of a Scoutlite. Just some guessing on my part. OH

I like your thinking(guessing)... Now I need one like yours...

ITE ... :)

Why are selector's going for big $$$... The Blades are way to high

and handles are big money too... What's going on... :eek: ... :eek: ... :eek:

I think Bucklites are way over priced too... That's just me... I use to

pick them up for $10 up to $25 MIB... :confused: ... I can Buy a

Custom 110 from Buck cheaper than a Selector or a Bucklite NIB ... :thumbup:

Why are selector's going for big $$$... The Blades are way to high

and handles are big money too... What's going on... :eek: ... :eek: ... :eek:

I think Bucklites are way over priced too... That's just me... I use to

pick them up for $10 up to $25 MIB... :confused: ... I can Buy a

Custom 110 from Buck cheaper than a Selector or a Bucklite NIB ... :thumbup:

I guess a lot of people read the newsletter article on Selectors.

I guess a lot of people read the newsletter article on Selectors.

I just read the newsletter about the selectors a couple of day ago...
Written by Larry O, Boy he did a great job... Lots of good info for
sure... I still think they sell for way to much... :eek:

Here are some Bucklite sheaths I got and now I'm trying to find the knives that go in them... :eek:

Bucklite sheaths...
P6230694.jpg

ITE

Am I right is saying this is for the "Go Hawgs" sheath

razor-1.jpg

razor-2.jpg

Attachments

• razor-2.jpg
    razor-2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 13
  • razor-1.jpg
    razor-1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Am I right is saying this is for the "Go Hawgs" sheath

razor-1.jpg

razor-2.jpg

survivaledge, you are right... That sheath goes with your Bucklite...
I will try and post some pictures of one NIB in a week or two on the SPS...
Your Bucklite doesn't have the logo on the blade but it's still cool...

Thanks for sharing it... ITE

survivaledge, you are right... That sheath goes with your Bucklite...
I will try and post some pictures of one NIB in a week or two on the SPS...
Your Bucklite doesn't have the logo on the blade but it's still cool...

Thanks for sharing it... ITE

ITE it looks as though it has never had a logo on the blade did they come both ways.

ITE it looks as though it has never had a logo on the blade did they come both ways.

survivaledge, It could have been a reblade or someone took the logo off
the blade... They come off real easy... It could be a build-out... They made
some build-outs for the 20 year reunion but I don't remember that one,
being one of them... I have a few different ones... I see you beat me to
that one fishing in the bay... I see someone got a scrimshaw one with an
eagle on it to... I can't be everywhere... ;)

Its Too Early. That critter ended up in my office. hmmmm..
IMG_20160318_095440_zps5rrebviq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have been looking for years for one of the Slippery Rock ones with no luck. Really want one.

Armand here are some of the 446's that I have.
P1050274.jpg

P1050277.jpg

P1050276.jpg

P1050275.jpg

P1050278.jpg

Now something a little bit different.
P1050161.jpg

P1050164.jpg

P1050183.jpg

P1050181.jpg

P1050182.jpg

Thanks for looking. HL