An EDC kind of day

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
made our way up the coast to Port Renfrew today, and Botanical Beach in particular. It's an amazing place and the tide was way out this morning, so we got an early start

It ended up being pretty foggy up the coast, which is just how I like it. Such a rich abundance of life- life upon life!

We got there around 8:30 am and pretty much had the place to ourselves

Along with other humans, this was my companion for the day

Ok, I'm a cultery dork. I brought this, too

Ran into our old friend, Patrick

This kind of place is really indescribably amazeballs

Some really great rocks to put your knife on for a photo op

Some other rocks you might not want to put your knife on so much

Stabbing your knife into some wood is always a good way to photograph it

It's always important to take in the view between stabbings

Slimey green stuff, I'll admit, is pretty cool. Maybe I watched too much TV growing up

You won't be heron much around here, other than the sound of waves and wind

You will see many cool rock formations, though

Heyyyy, that looks like a photo op

Need to sex up this thread, how about some cleavage?

Cleavage AND knives

I'm always keeping my eye out for weird shit

No words for this one

Looking in

Looking out

I often reflect on my anemones, in that I'd see them driven before me and hear the lamentations of their women

It really is the planet of the apes

I hope you liked my photos, and didn't find them too vein

Sweet scenery punctuated by good times with a touch of EDC. What a day :thumbsup:

Thank you for taking the time out of your adventure to take pics, and even more thank you'd for sharing them. It's truly a beautiful place up here and I hope you smile every time you see your logo in the flesh.

Great photos, and your punniness was appreciated by me. As a father, I consider it my solemn duty to inflict puns on those around me.

I am right there with you Abby.
Thanks for taking us along. I too found it to be enjoyable and rather punny.

The Misses has gotten to the point where she just rolls here eyes, shakes her head and asks "Really?", whenever I make a particularly bad pun, play on words, or dad joke. I love it.

I love having puns

You made me chuckle with your comment about the picture of the green slime coming out of the rocks and it not being such a great place to put your knife.

Very interesting thread.

DUDE! That looks like an amazing place to explore - I could see myself spending a few hours (or days) there! Any time I'm an area abundant with life and "weird shit" I instantly revert to being a kid again; climbing over rocks, hunched over tide pools and just in my own world enjoying the bounty of organisms.

Your pictures are pretty damn incredible. Very cool and thank you for taking the time to share your adventure with us! :):thumbsup:

Those are some amazing pictures, the rock formations were gorgeous. Those poor anemones, they never knew what was amidst them.

I was so amazed by these pictures that I brought up the north east coastline in conversation as many times as possible so I could casually show people your pictures.

I also used the pictures to explain the knife in the photos..

"Oh hey, speaking of the coast up north, check out these pictures.. What's that? Yeah this is from a forum I'm on, so the guy taking the pictures was also taking pictures of the knife. He designed it.. What's that you say?.. Yeah the coast line is amazing.. but you see that knife? Look at the lines on that knife!"

I wish we had a gopro mounted to the van- a bald eagle hopped out of the ditch about 30 feet in front of us and took wing as we were driving up the road. It was chowing down on some roadkill, and because the trees socked the road in, it flew directly in front of us for about 1/4 mile before it could launch skyward. Its wingspan surpassed mine by at least a few inches. Truly an amazing sight to behold.

ps. I purposely didn't use metric, because I love you guys, and don't want to poison the forum with commie measurement system

Awesome pics Lorien! I'm ready for a camping trip

Back