another REDNECK thread

Will O-1 be used only on the sodbuster style Bull Nose knives or will it make it's way into other models? I prefer O-1 over 1095 and would love to see more of it.

Mike from Collectorsknives.net had stated they were going to do other handle materials but has since updated in another thread that they only plan the orange for now:(

I think orange has been the planned color all along. Black delrin presented itself and was used, but any other colors have not been part of any actual plan. It would be nice, and it has been investigated, but not feasible for the goal the factory has for this knife. If I said somewhere that anything other than these two were going to be used, then I slipped up because that has never my understanding from the factory. But they are fairly unpredictable as well.

Mike, could you put a bug in their ear about jigged bone bare-headed version? Heck, any expansion of this line would be welcome; it's a no-fail winner.

I have had many conversations with them about this knife. They are simply not interested in making it a part of their normal line and dressing it up.

I'm a little "GEC Challenged" and the OP's pics don't show the blade, but is this not basically the GEC version of a Sodbuster ?
I've got a bunch of great old Sodbusters made by Case, Schlieper, Fight'n Rooster, Henckels and Kissing Crane. All are carbon steel and more than 30 years old. Does the GEC Redneck offer any advantage over these great oldies ?
roland

Back