Any Canadians in the house?

As an American, I haven't felt the pain of knives getting reviewed by customs, BUT my father in law used to work for Canadian National (in the states) and my wife is on season 7 of binge watching Heartland. Oh and one time I put gravy on my fries and really liked it.

I know the necker I is more in question, but I enjoy my necker II a lot more than I thought I would.

I really want to see how a 4.7 compares to my Busse sob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an American, I haven't felt the pain of knives getting reviewed by customs, BUT my father in law used to work for Canadian National (in the states) and my wife is on season 7 of binge watching Heartland. Oh and one time I put gravy on my fries and really liked it.

I know the necker I is more in question, but I enjoy my necker II a lot more than I thought I would.

Hahaha. Got to have the gravy.

Do you have one on order?

"Sigh" I don't. The SK! Knife line is like pretty girl flirting with me. I'm committed to my Busse, but there she is whispering in my ear.

As a Canadian, it's difficult/expensive to get knives shipped across the border. Are there any Canadians out there?

I've had no issues with knives getting shipped up — mostly via USPS -> canpost with tracking and insurance. Marked as camping tools/knives, it's all good. I've had some pretty large knives shipped too — a 9" custom recurve chopper, a winkler combat axe, etc. No issues so far.

"Sigh" I don't. The SK! Knife line is like pretty girl flirting with me. I'm committed to my Busse, but there she is whispering in my ear.

Well if the opportunity presents itself don't turn down a threesome, of knives.

The size of the knife isn't really what makes customs likely to swipe your knife on its way to Canada. There are no laws against bringing long knives. Infact the hugest chopper you can find will have a much better chance of making it across than the diminutive Necker I. Canadian knife laws are kind of funny in that tecnically it is not illegal to walk down the street with a trailmaster on your hip. (you will probably get stopped and get in trouble anyway) However at the same time a little harmless balisong is completely banned.

The size of the knife isn't really what makes customs likely to swipe your knife on its way to Canada. There are no laws against bringing long knives. Infact the hugest chopper you can find will have a much better chance of making it across than the diminutive Necker I. Canadian knife laws are kind of funny in that tecnically it is not illegal to walk down the street with a trailmaster on your hip. (you will probably get stopped and get in trouble anyway) However at the same time a little harmless balisong is completely banned.

Yeah, it's all about intent. Other than the specifically prohibited knives (all ostensibly 'weapons' not 'tools'), you can carry anything you want, as long as you can plausibly justify needing it for a practical purpose, and don't ever give a lawman even a whiff of a notion that you've got self defense in mind.

Hey guys ! Haven't posted in a while . I'm from Eastern Ontario . Still abusing the very first Survive GSO knife I ever got , the GSO 5 .

As for bringing knives into Canada , I have never had any problems and I have bought many . If it's shipped USPS you'll only get hit with duty and taxes when you buy new from a company or store . Or if the U.S. sender is hung up on details and marks on the packing slip that it's a purchase and then places a value even greater than what you paid . Been there and done that , thank you very much .

Hey guys ! Haven't posted in a while . I'm from Eastern Ontario . Still abusing the very first Survive GSO knife I ever got , the GSO 5 .

As for bringing knives into Canada , I have never had any problems and I have bought many . If it's shipped USPS you'll only get hit with duty and taxes when you buy new from a company or store . Or if the U.S. sender is hung up on details and marks on the packing slip that it's a purchase and then places a value even greater than what you paid . Been there and done that , thank you very much .

Yeup, this is a pain usually but part of the game. I prefer and seller normally does to that for insurance purposes the package is marked for replacement msrp. Makes for a pretty big ding at times.

I have had my share of grief getting stuff over the border from lost items to confiscated items and always the highway robbery of bogus exchange rates and bullshyte HST and PST plus the nonsense brokerage charges of UPS etc. But most of the time it works out.
Our Supreme Court, with all due respect, has made asinine rulings on what are illegal knives and it includes anything that can be flipped open even if it takes you years to master the technique like a bali or if the pivot is loose even if the knife isn't designed to be flipped open. And the geniuses at customs cannot be talked to.
Fortunately we have fabulous knife makers in Canada and especially in Ontario, many of whom are forumites.

Back