1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

any good knifemaking magazines?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by rocketmann, Feb 20, 2006.

1. rocketmann

rocketmann

Dec 24, 2005
    I am wondering if ther are any good magazines that I could subscribe to that are focused on bladesmithing/blacksmithing. "Blade" and "Knife World" are ok but seem to be focused more toward production knives and knife collectors. I guess I'm looking for some thing like "family handy man" but for knife making.. Thanks

2. John Andrews

John Andrews

Jan 24, 2003
    I like Knives Illustrated. They feature more about custom makers than a solid run on factory stuff like the rest of the mags do.

3. RUJOCO

RUJOCO

Mar 4, 2005
    I don't have their site link, but should be easy to track down. ABANA's Hammer Blow and The Anvil Ring are regular smithing publications which have lots of info besides blade forging. Check em out and good luck.

4. Chris Meyer

Chris Meyer Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2005
    There is an on-line knife magazines now. I haven't really read it, so I can't promise that it's any good. However, it is free.
    Blades International

Anvil Magazine is also on on-line now. They do have some free articles, but they charge a subscription fee for full access.
    Anvil Magazine on-line

5. Patrice Lemée

Patrice Lemée

Aug 13, 2002
    Thanks Chris for the Blades International link. Very cool!

Pad

6. DanielPrentice

DanielPrentice

Oct 19, 2004
    Knifemaking DVDs check my site out..... Also, Darren Ellis sells ours too. They are done by myself, Kim Breed, and Gary Wheeler.

Later....

Daniel Prentice