Any info on new knife?

My husband just bought the may issue of TK, featured is the ?new?Camillus/Becker combat model, I really like the look of this knife I was wondering if any one knows any thing about it? I am currentilly reading the article, and to be honest it is loseing me, I am not to much on the technical stuff, i look at what it looks like and what it stands up to :). so any help would be nice.

Check out the Camillus forum. There have been several threads about the BK7, starting in December (you could probably just do a search on my username, Camillus forum, last three months, and find half of them).
Great knife. I got one, and bought my best friend one for Christmas.
I've used mine around the house and yard a little, and on two camping trips, now, and he just came back from camping last weekend.
He used it to cut tripods for lanterns (they were not "out there":p), and split kindling.
Mine has been used with a baton to split wood, dig heartwood out of a pine log, and limb out a couple of small trees. Just for fun, I cut down a 9" pine. The knife did ok, but it's not suited to heavy chopping.
Definitely a "best buy".

I have one now; my buddy brought me one back from Vegas. For the money you can't beat it. I was very impressed with this knife. Being I have been out of town on various trips since I haven't had the chance to get out side and use it yet.

I wouldn't be afraid to go out in the woods with it.

The Becker knives fit in a category we refer to as "hard use fixed blades." Knives in this category range all over the board in terms of price and performance. My personal opinion is that the Beckers provide the best value (price/performance ratio) of any of them. They are just a little more expensive than the lowest priced ones but perform with some of the most expensive. As practical using blades I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Besides, I don't know where else you can get a good knife designed by the editor of "Joy of Cooking" and made by one of the largest US manufacturers of cutlery (Camillus.) You'd think Ethan Becker would have designed kitchen knives, but what you see is actually what you get. Solid value. Take care.

Back