Anybody else experiencing adclick redirect to google play to candy something game?

It only happens on this site. I am on a Motorola Android and as I scroll on a page it just goes to a web page then google play for some damn game.

I can get the web page next time it happens and the name of the app if that helps. It did seem to start just recently.

Needless to say it is annoying as all get out

I had to edit the title. Good grief the "Any buddy" was bugging the heck out of me

Last edited:
^ You poor thing...:grumpy:

I do not have anderoid or other, but check any settings that can block ads or flash. If you clicked on one in the past, there may be a cookie or other malware device install that redirects.

Thanks for the advice. So far today I have not had problems, if it starts again I will clear all cookies and reinstall flash.

Kept happening last night after posting this and then once I was able to get on today no problems

It's happening to me almost constantly. My platinum subscription ran out a few days ago and my reup apparently hasn't gone through so now I'm seeing all the messed up ads. I'm also on my mobile (iPhone)

When I'm on my Mac at home it doesn't happen

Had this happening to me too, on my android. Cleared cache and uninstalled goofle play. Not happening now.

How did you uninstall google play? Every way I normally would use it is not giving me the options. It offers to let me uninstall all the updates but not the whole program.

Did uninstalling it create other problems? Supposedly youtube will not work if I uninstall that.

This is getting really annoying

Uninstalling Google Play requires some advanced configuration changes that not everyone can handle. There have been some reports regarding the presence of malware infiltrating Android based phones. There does exist antimalware programs for these instances. Might be a good idea to look into that.

Happened to me a few months back.. had to switch to fox internet browser. Only happened to me on my laptop.

Thanks for the responses.

I uninstalled all the updates to google play and Adobe Flash, cleared my browser cache, and ran Avast. Avast has not found anything.

So far no problems, but we will see what happens.

Thanks again

Well...didn't work. Now I don't get to the app, but it puckers up on the websites

Last edited:
i'm having the same problem, and from my research, it seems to be affecting a lot of forums on the web. i have tried clearing caches and cookies and all of that. including a master reset. what i have noticed is that it started when bladeforums started getting these random ads instead of the standard "cheaper than dirt" ads. i don't have a problem with ads, but this is a little too intrusive for my liking. i have turned of javascript on my android browser to see in that will help.

eta: also causes bladeforums to stop loading on desktops. for the hell of it, i flagged candy whatsit on google play. might help

Last edited:
I am on an iPhone and am getting it regularly on here, but it started earlier in the week on mmaweekly.com for me. From my research it only affects sites that you regularly visit, and this was evidenced as none of the other forums I found that had the problem reported affected me, but clearing cookies/history and restarting my phone hasn't changed anything so far.

I had the same problem here with my Android phone, bu not pc's or ipad. I deleted the browser cache on the phone and have been elsewhere for several days. No problems yet tonight...

Hasn't happened to me until today.

Sometimes I'm able to view and post like normal and other times it just keeps redirecting me.

I'm on my iPhone 5 and its REALLY pissing me off, seeing as this is my fav forum and the place I spend the most time.

I'm hoping the MODS will figure out what the root cause is and fix it.

I haven't had any issues while on my MacBook but I use my iPhone more than anything.

The last thing I want is to not be able to access BladeForums from my phone!!

Hasn't happened to me until today.

Sometimes I'm able to view and post like normal and other times it just keeps redirecting me.

I'm on my iPhone 5 and its REALLY pissing me off, seeing as this is my fav forum and the place I spend the most time.

I'm hoping the MODS will figure out what the root cause is and fix it.

I haven't had any issues while on my MacBook but I use my iPhone more than anything.

The last thing I want is to not be able to access BladeForums from my phone!!

The mods can't fix this. Spark is the only one that has control over that.

One solution that Has worked today and part of last night was to allow it to redirect me, then just opened a new window and came back here. So far so good, but no explanation web wide for this from my investigations, and nothing that is a concrete fix.

as an update, i use dolphin browser on my android. turning off javascript has stopped the problem for me. haven't had it happen since. also, i have it set to clear cookies on exit which helped slow it down initially. hope this helps some of you

Last edited:
Turned off Java Script and cleared history/cache/cookies on the Android a bit ago. Opened and closed BF about 6 times, no redirecting yet. Good news because it did it 9 of 10 times previously. Got my fingers crossed that it stays this way! BTW, anyone know if folks with paid subscriptions suffer the same issue?

Back