Anyone bought from Ron K.?

They are very well made for the price and I think they are good looking as well. They are prob some of the prettiest comin out of the P.I.. Though, by comparison, they are also priced higher than the many of the bolo blades that aren't as ornate from the P.I..

I have one of the older ginunting which I purchased from a member here. It is heavier than the newer one because the thickness of the spine runs almost the full length. The newer ones are more tapered and have better balance from what I've noticed.

I met the maker Dan Faronda while I was there a few years back and he's a nice guy.
You'll find some put off by the marketing claims which I don't believe are from him, but they are still good blades none the less.

I'm asking b/c Ron is a friend on my myspace and I'm part of his Traditional Filipino Weapons group. I'd love to see some of these Pinoy makers build a balisong from modern materials.

I met the maker Dan Faronda while I was there a few years back and he's a nice guy.
You'll find some put off by the marketing claims which I don't believe are from him, but they are still good blades none the less.

I don't know Ron K and have only heard of him via the web but I've met "Mumbakki", Daniel Foronda's native (Ifugao tribe from the Cordillera highlands) and MMA fighting moniker, some time back and being a hard core martial artist/fighter. He was the first winner of the Philippine equivalent of the UFC, trained the Marines in PTK and maintains his own gym/club; Submission Dungeon. He makes blades that "do the nasty work" rather than wall hangers.

If Ron K's getting blades from him, I'd be confident in the product then.

Everything I've read from those who've purchased them is positive. There are a couple three blades there that I intend to purchase.

They got some Beautiful Filipino Style Knive's, Thank's for sharing the Link to this Site Charlie Mike, I know there gonna get some of my Money,

Back