Anyone EDC a 112?

BG42, nice run!

Could you reflect on the difference in hand between the finger groove and non-finger groove models?

I don't have any deep reflections.

Actually, I don't find much difference except in looks.

I like the looks of the FG models (plus, they hold value a little better and get slightly better prices when sold).

I suspect they are a little easier to hang onto, but can't say it's ever made a difference to me.

Wish I had something more profound to offer.......but, most of us don't actually USE knives a whole bunch......and I'm like most of us.

:thumbup:

I like the finger groove models a lot as they feel more secure in the hand with use and some eye appeal. Though I've not known a standard handle to slip. The micarta handled 112 sticks in the hand very well. DM

If I were going to everyday carry a 112 it would be one of these. DM
100_2296.jpg

Hey, Thank you Pinnah and Tah. I couldn't wait to get back here. I was wrong about the knife. It is a 2 dot 1978 nib with papers and the price is $58.00.
My daughter guessed about the finger grooves.
I just learned about Micarta Scales and everyone seems to love those. I haven't found any, though.
Your suggestion is probably the right thing to do! I think I have gotten "hooked" on learning about these knives, the handles, the brass "thingys" (sorry - can't remember what they are called!)
Maybe I will keep looking since this is for Xmas cuz it is fun and I can always get a new one. Just seems like the woodgrain on the new ones is maybe not as nice as the ones with real wood from the past.
Anyway, I really appreciate your responses!

Tah and Pinnah and everyone who responded to my post:

I wrote back to you but didn't know what I was doing, so posted in the wrong place. I do not even know if you will get this. I just wanted to thank everyone for responding to my post. Your answers were all informative and helpful. I feel like I know a lot more. Thank you.
I have now narrowed it down to either a new one or an older one with the 440C blade.
Thanks again!

Yep, the 112 has been my every day knife for the last couple of years, and it is one of my favorite sizes / designs. I carry mine on my belt, even though they work well in the pocket also, especially the ones with the more rounded edges.

Gphunt, I hope all works out well with your gift. If you enjoyed your research, maybe you should stick around and find yourself a nice old 110 with nicely striped ebony. They can be quite handy around the kitchen, and fold up to take on the go.;)

JT

My 3 112 models ... new, old, and older.
SSCN1868.jpg

Tah and Pinnah and everyone who responded to my post:

I wrote back to you but didn't know what I was doing, so posted in the wrong place. I do not even know if you will get this. I just wanted to thank everyone for responding to my post. Your answers were all informative and helpful. I feel like I know a lot more. Thank you.
I have now narrowed it down to either a new one or an older one with the 440C blade.
Thanks again!

Let us know what you find. If I lost all my Bucks, these would be the first I would replace.

Buck 110 and 112 by Pinnah, on Flickr

David,that DP 112 is a verrry scarce one..and a GREAT choice!!Less than 100 if I remember right which makes it the rarest paperstone 112 ever made..

Back