Anyone modify a Swabbie?

Creeky Bones, Nice job

Is the spine .250"(1/4") thick all the whole length or does it tapper thinner toward the tip with the flat grind? Got a top view spine photo?

It's 0.25 the length of the spine, but because it's a full flat grind it tapers at the tip. The flat grind also helps with the weight, and it bites deep when it hits.

zhMkdBt.jpg

3kMA4QB.jpg

I like what you have done, I'm very tempted to order a couple of these myself. How does the handle feel after removing the tang? I just bought a Parangatang and I'm having a hard time getting used to to handle. I have a couple of ideas in the works to make it more "Becker-ish" aka "Correct".

The handle is pretty comfortable with the limited use I've had, but I will be replacing it soon with some burlap micarta that I made.

Just got my Swabbie.

Wow , Its warped (curved) like a potato chip big time. Like two warps to it, belly and the tip end

I'm gonna call Ka-bar in the morning, try for a return

You other Swabbie owners was yours real straight or warped ?

Just got my Swabbie.

Wow , Its warped (curved) like a potato chip big time. Like two warps to it, belly and the tip end

I'm gonna call Ka-bar in the morning, try for a return

You other Swabbie owners was yours real straight or warped ?

Mine came warped so bad I could cut around corners. It was like a metal pretzel....no, just kidding. Just trying to make you feel better. My was straight as an arrow. Sorry brother.

I hope Ka-bar hooks you up. That's disappointing.

Yeah, No biggy, shit happens, Im sending it back.

Good to here they do actually come straight.

Im gonna cut the tip off but its "cupped" in the belly to one side, then it bends to one side toward the tip even if I cut about 1" off

Least I got to feel what the grip feels like and what I want to reshape

Looks awesome!
Also looks like you etched all but the biohazard symbol.
Is there some stripping coming?

Yeah, its etched, gonna strip it eventually

edit: It is stripped now

Last edited:
Back