Bawanna's Mule Story

OWWW!!!!!!......What the &^%$#%$%!!!!! My left kidney is on fire! Dang! ...feels like laying in a bed of fire ants. Owww Sum ...bi....! That was uncalled for! Watch out moon! Id go hide somewhere for a while till things cool down. eekek owww!. Stop it now doc! ..grrrr. no.. not between the toes:eek: That wasnt funny a bit!!

Lucky day for me today. Blue sent me some specific protection from Bookie voodoo. Got him today and he's already on duty protecting me from pins, needles, open flames, explosives and whatever else voo doo doers can do to me.

I'll probably burn for this, already forgot his name, same dude as in his avatar.

Sweet, I'll try to remember that, I'm lousey with remembering names.
He's working, I ain't felt now stabs or burns or crushing feelings since I released him from his box.

Sincerely
Robert.

This.
yet-another-wonderfull-voodoo-doll-3-voodoo-dolls-12463995-500-377.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I believe that's Pugs doll, what on earth did he do to you to deserve that? That's gotta hurt something fierce.

I better send him a card.

Yeah, nanner, nanner, nanner!!!!

I'm putting Jamsran in my pocket, just to make sure I don't get out of protection range.

Sort of like my remote control helicopter, gets just so far and then it's like my dog, don't do what I tell it.

And that's when Bookie would get me big time.

That one with the blue body is his wifey. She's riding a bear that's chewing on a corpse. A charming lady I'm sure.

Oh, wow! I was wondering who that hot chick was! She's right up my alley...'cept she's already spoken for.

I guess I am the 1st one that asked, then kinda slapped myself on the wrist that typed that, and afterwards Gurkha Berserkha was curious as well (DirtBiker even said "Oh, no, you didn't!") but Mr. Bawanna was fine with it, he's a gentleman and not a show-off.

Now...had he been one, we would've seen every now and then a picture of a handsome and ravishing man, with abundant hair and a Hollywood smile - Mr. Bawanna in his prime!

Bosco was our 3 year old Jack. Decent mule. Really a good worker. Would walk a pretty straight furrow without a lot of attention or persuasion. He was a walker. You git up and ride'im inta town or over to Darr's, well, he weren't no dog, but he did have'is own "dog-trot". Soon as he knew you weren't just gonna ride'im to the pasture and was really going somehweres, he was all for it. Wild horses couldn't hold'im back. You'd be going somewheres, headin' down the gravel road to Green City and 'is head would be turned this way or that. Had to see what was in old man Abernathy's yard or the Phillip's lot. They could be a hunnerd foot cliff dead a-head and if he was gawking around, that cliff could claim it's next victim!

Bosco's weakness was eating. He weren't much on hay, but you had something delectable, like a sugar cube swiped from Aunt Bette's pinkish circus glass sugar bowl she got outta a Quaker Oats box, he'd be standing next to you like you was'is long lost buddy. If mules could smile, that crafty thing would be considered first cousin to the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland. Now, if you had something really, really special, like an apple, well, you better have an arm a mile long cause he'd probably bite your hand off getting it away from you. Git the idea?

Debbie, my littlest sister, was six, going on seven round this time and was going to the out house with an apple in'er hand one bright spring time day. Ol' Boscoe spied that apple with genuine x-ray eyeballs through the barn's walls no less, and here he come on a dead run. He started pushing Debbie around trying to get her to drop that apple. When he seen that wasn't gonna work, he pulled'is ace inna hole trick. He'd reach his head over to grab the apple knowing full well you was going to move your arm. But Bosco was like I said, crafty--and skilled, too. As you moved, so did'is lips. 'Is head would stay in one spot, but 'is lips was like octy-puss arms! Flexible, they were. Them lips of'is would grab that apple and your hand as well and snuggle down on'em. The poor victim would think'is hand was gittin' eat off and jerk it out of the way like lightenin'..only without the apple. Then he'd realize that he weren't bit at all and also realized he'd been bamboozled out of the apple at the same time. Bosco would be over to Schuyler County about then eatin' away on that apple and outta reach of any retaliation from the victim. Smart he was.

It was too bad Debbie didn't see things that way and Bosco was on her list. Right at the top of it. That afternoon, she threw an apple core cross the fence inta the lot. It was sucked up and disappeared faster than Jack Flash. Did it again long about supper time. Next mornin' Debbie come outta the house eatin' an apple and Boscoe run to the fence, tongue hangin' out, and slobberin' all over. Wanted that apple something fierce, he did. Debbie just stood there eatin' that apple and starin' Bosco in the eyes. All Bosco could see was that apple dwindling away and he wasn't getting any of it. Debbie got down to the core, walked over to the fence and held it out to that poor mule. I watched'is eyes light up and Debbie just as quickly popped it into her mouth and ate the whole thing! Bosco was crest-fallen if ever a mule could be. Debbie turned and walked back into the house. I'da swore they was a tear in Bosco's eye.

Then just afore dinner,here come Debbie again, eatin' a apple again, and sure enough here come Bosco. Debbie slowly walked up to the fence, see, she knew anticipation was just killin' Bosco, and acted like she was eatin' that apple and makin' yum-yum sounds, too. Bosco was goin' nuts! He was shiftin'is weight from front leg to front leg alla time wanting a bite out of that apple. Hell, let's be honest here. He wanted the WHOLE apple. Debbie held out'er arm with that apple in it and as soon as Bosco would go to grab it, she'd jerk it away. 'Bout the third time she done that, I knew Bosco was gittin' ready to cry. Then she held it out again and Bosco didn't move. He figured it be jerked away again. But when he seed it weren't going anywhere, he sucked that apple up even faster'n Jack Flash was was gone behind the barn in a cloud of dust and a hearty Hi-yo, Silver!

Ever heered a mule scream? It ain't pretty, let me tell you. That apple'd been soaking in some of Grandpa's Loozyanna hot sauce all night. Killer stuff us kids couldn't handle. Neither could Mom. Skin had holes poked in it with a crochet hook, too. Funny thing. After that, when Debbie'd come outta the house, Bosco would have'is eyes attuned on her like they was radar homin' onto one of them kamikazes I heered tell about. 'Spect life in the lot was a mite quieter after that, don''t you 'spose?

Oh man! that is one Cruel little gal. Loozy-Anna hot sauce ain't something to be messing about with. That stuff will peel the lining outta your intestines and leave you with ulcers just from sniffing it too much. Why it almost seems criminal to do to a poor flea-bitten mule, if'n it weren't so appropriate. Bet that mule never tried to sucker Lil' Debbie again. Wonder if the thinking on her plan for this is also where she came up with some of the incredible recipes she used to create all those lil' Debbie snack cakes. I am sure I saw a Loozy-Anna-melt-your-face-off-Apple-hand-pie recipe once upon a time when I was living in that area, just though hand pie meant a small pie, folded up so you could eat it out of your hand. Not so the Mule did eat your hand. Dang now I am confused :D

Just back home from Alaska and we're pretty tired. Checked out a glacier and got stopped by a smallish iceberg north of Skagway. Nice little town about 12 mile south of White Pass. Milk is $8 a gallon and when the barge comes in on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you get your milk and eggs then or you don't get them until next week. Dropped down to Juneau, the state capitol. No roads in or out. You arrive by plane, boat, or dog sled.

Loaded up old Janice for a trip up the mountain to Gold Creek. Water runs pretty cold and Janice didn't like getting wet fording the streams. Would get a little balky at times. Skeeters were out and attacking on a regular basis. Janice got balkier. Stopped on a gravel bar and did a little sampling. The sun was out and warming up the bar pretty good. The breeze on the bar was keeping the majority of the Alaskan state birds at bay, but Janice, well.....Janice thought the shade of the Birch trees was more comfortable. She stood there batting them skeeters an' bitin' flies with'er ears. Clubin'em to death with'er tail. Then she'd scowl at me and mumble somethin'. She'd snort when they really ganged up on'er and then she'd scowl some more. Was finding some good color and actually doing quite well after about 45 minutes. Found a large rock that had acted as a dam or barrier when the water'd been higher and gold had dropped in front of it. Felt something tap me on the fanny perpendicular. Thought it was the wife coming up behind me. I asked how how she did and got no reply, so's I looked over my shoulder and there stood Janice. Had them Clint Eastwood Chinese eyes she was squintin' at me. Lower lip was stuck out and I could sense somehow she was gittin' a mite perturbed at moi. Got a smallish nudge with'er nose as if she was sayin' to get my fat ** you fill in the blank** around and let's git back to civilization. PRONTO.

'Bout that time, I uncovered the big one and weren't no ornery mule goin' to get me to quit what I was doin'. When the Gold Bug bites, you pay attention to it and nuthin' else! Then the wife does show up and says, "Dearest, sweetie-kins. The dreaded mosquitoes are being very fierce and belligerent this afternoon. I am finding them most annoying, aren't you?" "Ungh? You say somethin', Dearie?" and back down in the crik I squat. Lookit th' color in the bottom of that pan! Man! Is this a great day or what? Then I hears, "Load that stuff up and we're getting out of here!" "Huh? O.K., I'll just finish this pan...." Dude! I can pick all those pieces up with my fingers. Gotta git me a second bottle to put'em in! Yes! I look up as I turn towards Janice's pack. The pack is there under the trees, but Janice ain't. She's a-headed up the bench towards the trail with the wife on'er back. Oh well. I'll git this put away and then come back later. Opening the pack to get a new storage bottle requires I kneel down and rummage through the contents. Slap! Digging around in there, I know them bottles are somewheres. Smack! Swat! Dern! I crank up the anti-aircraft at the multitudes of tiny kamikazes rollin' in one me. My hands a-soundin' like pom-pom guns goin' off. Dern! Screw this stuff. Swat-swat! The gold and pan got dumped into the pack and the pack swung onto my back as I high-tailed it outta there. Smack! Finally manage to crawl the rest of the way to the top of the bench and git to the trail. Now if I can get the wife to wait fer me to catch up. Slap-slap-slap! Hell! Here comes anuther whole squadron of'em! Run, Bookie. Run! Ruth and Janice are just dropping over the horizon and going outta sight! Aargh! Hit, swat. Die, you little commie rat bustards! Slap! Run, Stevie, run!

The sun is going down as I stagger into town lookin' fer a place to lay down and die. Pant. Pant. I hear blood squishin' in my socks. Ruth is there sittin' onna White Pass and Yukon railway bench a-sharin' a ice cream cone with Janice. Hate. Smolderin' eyes. Grimace of death....."You cudda waited on me, you know." I says. "But that's what we're doing right now, dearest. What took you so long?"........I look down at my blood spotted shirt and forearms. There's a t-shirt on one of them dead skeeter's bodies that says "Dracula is a Woosie!" Janice just stood there grinnin' and eatin' on that cone. I turn around to head fer our digs and swore I could hear that mule laughing..like her and Ruth had this all planned a head of time....I ever tell you I think I hate mules?

Last edited:
Back