Bear Grylls "Mission Survival" Fiction Series?

Anyone read any of this series?

I just stumbled across it today, hadn't heard of it before, it looks like it is maybe for the youth genre, and is fictional survival stories centering around one recurring character.

Mission Survival:Gold of the Gods
Mission Survival:Way of the Wolf
Mission Survival:Sand of the Scorpion
Mission Survival:Tracks of the Tiger

Amazon review seem good, but not a lot of reviews.

As much as we enjoy making fun of Bear Grylls, these are pretty good young pre-teen books. My son has his first "Gold of the Gods" book and really enjoyed it. I may pick up the others. I read it and they are well done for a junior fiction; similar to his show there are a few small gold-nuggets of info that are pretty good...but the rest of the "adventure" is much like his show...just enjoyable fiction:D

ROCK6

I was just about to post the same exact thing! But I have heard that his (non-fiction) survival books are pretty good.

I just finished yesterday his "Man vs. Wild: Survival Techniques from the Most Dangerous Places on Earth", that my local B&N had on sale for $6.97 awhile back.

Not bad, pretty basic stuff, that you'd see in any similar book, I did have to laugh at a few things, that he says in it to "never do", yet he's done them on his show. :)

So does someone else write these books for him and he just slaps his name on them? You know...like the Gerber multi-tool that used to have its own name until they slapped Bears name on it.

Is your great nephew reading Paulsen's books? Or my favorite as a teenager "My Side of the Mountain"?

Is your great nephew reading Paulsen's books? Or my favorite as a teenager "My Side of the Mountain"?

My wife found a couple of the Paulsen's series in bulk on Ebay. She uses them in her middle school language arts/reading classes. The boys (and some girls) love them! What's funny is she's had some pretty "urban" kids really fall in love with these books sparking an interest in outdoors...well, that's not funny, it's actually a good thing. I would highly recommend Paulsen's books...I wish they had more outdoors adventure books focuse on youth these days; at least I'll give a little credit to Bear for taking the time to do the books. I'm sure money is always a motivator, but he does have a couple of young boys and this is a great way to motivate their reading skills.

ROCK6

fiction series? Wow, that will fit right in with his reality TV show.

Haha, bless his heart.

I did like the Gary Paulsen books. "Hatchet" was one of my favorites as a kid.
"My side of the Mountain" was also a good book.

Wow, I haven't thought about that book in probably 25 years. Definitely one of my favorites as a kid.

Another one that one of my sons brought home was the "Iceberg Hermit" if I remember the title correctly. The story is believed to be true as research on this fellows life continues. Regardless, I found it to be good read. The tale of survival spans six years.

Back