<<BECKERHEAD BEACHBODIES>> ;) *MYB* G~A~W !! {not just for fitness pros....}

yesterday included a lot of walking, some carrying, and multiple repetitions of single finger presses, a mixture of 5 and 12 pound resistances for both index fingers.

today included not enough walking, but I got the riding mower running after work and hayed 1 - 1.5 acres of clover and perennial ryegrass before the next week of rain starts Wednesday afternoon.

Had an unexpected, extended lunch today (like, 3 hrs.....unpaid), but was lucky enough to be at the Great Bay Discovery Center when I got furloughed. Hit the nature trail, checked out the nesting ospreys, saw all kinds of seabirds, shorebirds, woods birds & marsh birds. Haven't been there in a long time (not since the girls were much younger) but, after today, I'll be back. Walked maybe a mile....the weather was ridiculously nice. Couple pics, the shelter is part of an Abenaki Indian "exhibit" on the Woods Trail.

33575269040_fa43ce0d6d_c.jpg
33960226245_7471eab463_c.jpg

33919081446_1a7c08afc6_b.jpg

Looks like a nice little place to get away, at least.

My back was kinda bugging me all day so I reduced the pack to 15lbs tonight, and got in 2.5 miles.

bummer about the furlough - but score on the location!

I will ditto this! that boardwalk looks pretty sweet! how long is the trail around the area?

This morning I ran 2.5 miles and did my physio work & stretches.

Nice place for lunch!

Nice evening walk in the river valley today. 3.5kms. Slowly getting my muscles working…

Took yesterday as a rest day. Seems baby steps and working out every other day is working pretty well :thumbup:

2.5 miles ran this morning. Then some stretching and physo work on my arm.

I went mtn biking on Saturday, it was exhausting but fun, as you can tell from the path I took the trails were pretty sweet.

cBvN0Uv.jpg

Friday a lot of slow ambling & standing around
Saturday a 2.5 mile hike on semi-groomed hilly/rocky terrain after going shopping with SWMBO.

Excellent stuff, folks. Monday night I fell asleep with my head tucked backwards in some weird position, then had a panic wake-up - you know, when you bolt upright thinking you've slept thru your alarm, but it's not going off for another 45 minutes - and tweaked my upper back/neck something serious. Did some beer therapy for a couple nights and was in the pool Saturday morning for 1500m. This morning was stupid nice and I went for a 21+ mile ride before heading up to Freeport, ME to meet my folks for an excellent "suppah" at the Harraseeket Inn/Broad Arrow Tavern. Still 80°f here. Nuts.

33926218312_119b3e17c9_b.jpg

Nice ride, King! Let's see some pics of your wheels!

The "good start" began with one person deciding to do some stairs at work. A couple of people joined in... and somebody brought a 20 kettle bell, (suggesting that one person would do kb exercises while others did the 3 flights up and back, then another person would switch to kb, repeating til done). That idea didn't fly well, and the kb guy got called away right at the start... so after my first period of kb swings, I just took the thing up and down the stairs. I started out ambitiously, doing upright rows on the way up, triceps presses on the next trip up, and curls the next... then I just carried it.
So far today, I've done 61 flights of stairs (24 with 20lb kb). When I got up, I was feeling it - right knee wrecked from Lyme - so I went for a leisurely walk to loosen it up. I'm up to 11000 steps, and there are 8 hrs left in the day.
Did some pushups and a one minute plank (both of which were part of my morning routine that I've been slacking off on for the past few months)
I don't plan on doing anything else I can post about today, other than adding to my step count in the course of getting to the end of the day
Needless to say, by last Sunday afternoon my calves were feeling that kettlebell on the stairs nonsense; so I made it a light day - a few short walks (I think I was at 6500 steps for the day) just to keep things going, and some of my old martial arts workout. Monday was more walking - partially because when I stopped moving for a half hour or so, my calves were locking up (Only about 8000 steps), some weights - upper body, and some stick practice. Tuesday was the day I had to drag my legs out of their funk; so I grabbed a light pack and went into the woods. I spent about an hour, off trail, going up and down a nice hillside; then did a good leg workout when I got home. Still been doing daily planks, and pushups most days (skipping chest day, and the day after). Minus the exceptions noted above, did 10,000-14,000 steps/day. Stair count was low because I'm not working this week, and I don't just go up & down stairs for the heck of it at home. Yesterday, I went out with a 35 lb pack & annoyed a few muscles that I rarely think about...kept that walk to a mile, then did squats & calf raises for good measure.
Nothing really noteworthy, but I'm doing something every day. Walking/hiking with a pack & pushing weights are things I do in moderation - due to the knee issue mentioned in an earlier post. I don't mind muscle fatigue or strain; but pissing off my knee takes me out of action...so when I'm pushing it, discretion makes the win.

Last edited:
Been laying low, and the back feels better.

Just planks, push-ups and crunches lately. Resuming walking soon, but no weighted pack for a week.

Excellent stuff, folks. Monday night I fell asleep with my head tucked backwards in some weird position, then had a panic wake-up - you know, when you bolt upright thinking you've slept thru your alarm, but it's not going off for another 45 minutes - and tweaked my upper back/neck something serious. Did some beer therapy for a couple nights and was in the pool Saturday morning for 1500m. This morning was stupid nice and I went for a 21+ mile ride before heading up to Freeport, ME to meet my folks for an excellent "suppah" at the Harraseeket Inn/Broad Arrow Tavern. Still 80°f here. Nuts.

33926218312_119b3e17c9_b.jpg

Nice ride, King! Let's see some pics of your wheels!

I don't have a pic, I didn't take any and I haven't taken any in over a year apparently.

So... i haven't been able to get on in a little while... this forum is kinda nice but also a p.i.t.a.

I got one more run in last week. 2.5 miles, then on Friday and Saturday I was mandated back to work lol. I don't see my surgeon until this Friday to get approved for heavy work, but my wife had other ideas lol (regardless of my accident she still thinks I'm Superman; and I'm not going to disprove that theory). She wanted the work on our backyard to begin, so Friday and Saturday I dug a 70 foot long, 1 foot deep, by one foot wide trench from my backyard to my front. I'm waiting for three yards of rock to be delivered to my drive way so that I can fill / drop in a weeper. Not looking forward to moving all that rock today.... but yay for exercise!

edit: moved 10,000 lbs of rock (4 yards) via 2 Home Depot orange 12 gallon buckets, farmers walked front to back of my place (120 feet) to fill the trench and grade the back. Hope I can move tomorrow lol!

Last edited:
Back to crunches and push-ups. Either I did the climbers wrong, or didn't wait long enough for recovery before doing 'em again. May try next week, starting slower.
No dedicated walk, but between airports and the plant got in 3 miles.

Today just doing the plank. Doubt I'll have time for a long walk, but still out at the plant, and strolled to the grocery for supplies this morning.
Moving around is better than not...

Stretched today. Needed to relax after the weekend. May get up and run tomorrow IF I have the energy lol.

Thanks for doing this GSOM!

Rode the bike 2 miles and walked 1 last evening, going to do the same this evening.

Ok, time to play catch up...

Apr 13 - usual walk with my dog. 3.5kms.

Apr 14 - Helped a buddy move. Wrenched my back on his GFs stupidly heavy desk. Down for the weekend.

Apr 17 - Back to an evening walk. Another 3.5kms.

Back