1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Been having a rough go lately...

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Chameleonbear, May 29, 2012.

1. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    Life has been hectic, partly my own doing, partly everything going on. I got a check I wasn't expecting when I got home from springfield yesterday. So this morning before work I went to my favorite little local knife store and bought myself some prezzies. I got a BK5, 15, 13, and 2 Spartan Helmet beads (gotta go back for one more). Then lo-and-behold I'm tooling around online and I see Mooseman's new sig and click that (another big mistake) and procure myself a saber ground unmolested PPR-16 (hence needing another bead).

I don't have the 16 yet so no pics of that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was pretty disappointed though with the 13, when I opened the package it looks like someone slipped with the grinder![​IMG]

However they seemed to put the jimping on the top of the blade JUST where my thumb hits so THAT was pretty awesome!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned BANNED

Apr 16, 2011
    quite a haul! I have a 5 in the mail, anxious to try it out...see if Im in the hate or love camp on it.

LOL I see what you did there with the 13 pics!

3. Greybush

Greybush Banned BANNED

Feb 14, 2012
    Nice haul man...hope you dig the 15 as much as me.

4. CamH_16

CamH_16

Feb 5, 2012
    How'd you get an unmarked BK-16? Lucky...

5. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    You bought a 5 AND a 15? WIN!

6. BaldingEagle

BaldingEagle

Feb 16, 2010
    Good haul..sometimes a man just has to buy things for himself.
    Cheers
    Balding

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    I bought it from Moose. He had it for sale. (I just hope it isn't the broken one!)

8. MsNaughtyIrish

MsNaughtyIrish

May 23, 2012
    Lovely new toys you have there. A shopping spree always seems to help. :)

9. orangish ducktape

orangish ducktape

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice haul! I am in desperate need for some spending money....congratz on the new steel!

-orangish ducktape

10. TMHunt

TMHunt Knifemaker/Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 15, 2012
    Better keep them away from your thumbs brother! Haha! Nice blades!

11. Tilley Knife

Tilley Knife I'm Daniel, I make stuff

Jul 6, 2011
    Nice haul, bud. I've got a 15 on the way from Moose. Got some saint cutlery G10 waiting on her. I'm stoked.

12. Dudepal

Dudepal

May 3, 2012
    Nice pick ups!

13. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    Quick, mod 'em! Good score man. Just left off topic chat, maybe a new pack soon...?

14. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    Actually I just figured out how to carry my Tarp for camping without taking room. Put it on as a rain cover while humping in.

15. K9-Handler

K9-Handler

Jan 27, 2012
    From the looks of that -13, they come pre-modded! :eek:

16. cjr7

cjr7

Mar 26, 2012
    Nice. And those beads look pretty cool.

17. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Nice haul!
    I can't wait to see pix of that 15 at work in the kitchen...
    (hint hint)

18. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    The funny part, my sister bought 2 Wustof knives today for the kitchen, she spent twice as much as me and I trust my knives a whole hell of a lot more!

19. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    well I wouldn't take the Wustofs out for a walk in the woods, but I do like me some nice german cutlery. :)

20. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    Oh, don't get me wrong I do love some German cutlery as well. I also love the Shun knife I used at work, at least once I cut the weight off the pommel.