Benchmade 730

AF

Are there any plans for or rumors of an upcoming special run of the 730? I've never owned this model but I recently got a chance to handle one and it sparked my interest.

There was a limited edition released last year, 730-1501, but I've heard no rumors of any upcoming releases.

Not that I know of, but BM recently released the 730-1501 Ares M390 Limited Edition. Seems every few years they'll do a limited run.

I was lucky enough to score one of the 730-1501 Ares. You had to order it from a dealer in Taiwan and have it shipped international. You had to jump threw a few hoops to get one but worth it. Would be great if they released another one available here in the U.S.A. The Ares has its fans and IMO one of the finer knives BM has ever produced so I'm sure it would be well received.
Y65CDX7.jpg

K2ODcPd.jpg

I would assume a US release would be much more reasonably priced. I'm pretty sure that dealer charged at least full MSRP, plus international shipping, plus foreign currency exchange rates. I think that one ended up being $350-$375 by the time it was all said and done.

Thanks for the replies and great pics. I don't want to pay the premium to get one second-hand so I guess I'll just wait for the next run.

I would assume a US release would be much more reasonably priced. I'm pretty sure that dealer charged at least full MSRP, plus international shipping, plus foreign currency exchange rates. I think that one ended up being $350-$375 by the time it was all said and done.

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more. The shipping alone fromTaiwan was around $60+. Funny how it was given to a dealer in Taiwan only for most of the knives to be shipped back to the USA.

A run released here in the state would cost less and be more readily available. Win / win in my book.

The 730 is by far my favorite model Benchmade produces. I have no idea why they don't make it a regular production model but, then again, I don't see a lot of logic in most of Benchmade's line-up changes in recent years.

Just discovered this model and I too am hoping for a run here in the states. Any steel and handle material will work for me ;)

Not that I know of, but BM recently released the 730-1501 Ares M390 Limited Edition. Seems every few years they'll do a limited run.

I was lucky enough to score one of the 730-1501 Ares. You had to order it from a dealer in Taiwan and have it shipped international. You had to jump threw a few hoops to get one but worth it. Would be great if they released another one available here in the U.S.A. The Ares has its fans and IMO one of the finer knives BM has ever produced so I'm sure it would be well received.
Y65CDX7.jpg

K2ODcPd.jpg

Drool...

Back