Benchmade Adamas Mini

I've wanted this knife for a long time, went to a few local REI / scheels stores and played with 9 samples, the first 8 all had blade play and the 9th was smooth as butter with a solid lockup so I bought it. ...kind of annoying how inconsistent they are.
Anyway I feel like I've got a good one now and really like it, the only issue I have compared to my bugout and bailout is the slow blade flick, it's smooth as glass and will drop shut but I don't get that snap when I flick It open, seems anemic. My other benchmades you can hear the lock across the house but the Adamas feels like maybe the springs are weak? Not sure how else to explain it. I want it to snap with force when I flick it. Can I do something to improve that or is it simply because it's a heavy blade by comparison so it moves slower? Keep in mind this blade will drop shut easily while holding the axis bar so there's no resistance (even with a tight lockup)

Thanks!

I think your suspicion is correct that the weight of the blade keeps you from being able to snap it open has hard as lighter blades. It's nothing I would worry about as long as you can reliably flip it open to lock out.

Back