Best Folding Saw?

I'm fond of the Fiskars Woodzig. The Coronas are also quite good. I really want a Silky though, just 'cause I've heard so much good about them.

If you use a folding Sven saw, the blade is supported at each end by the frame. Much more rugged than any other folding saw. Plus, a spare blade can be carried in the folded up package.

The kershaw 2550 saw is the Bahco Laplander saw re-branded with Kershaw's name on it. Same-same.

The kershaw 2550 saw is the Bahco Laplander saw re-branded with Kershaw's name on it. Same-same.

very cool to know, but i just searched for them and EVERYONE seems to be SOLD OUT on them.

but nice price at roughly 2/3 the cost of the Bahco.

when the budget permits i may have to get one of the Silky Pocket Boy 170s to compare to the Bahco i have on the way, and perhaps a Corona to leave in the truck.

I still have not replaced my Fiskars. Many distractions, health issues, and other priorities this year. But I will surely look at all the options the fine folks on this forum have suggested. Thanks, guys. :thumbup:

Another vote for Silky. I have the pockeyboy 170 with large teeth and it really cuts good. It always goes with me while hunting.

I keep thinking that I will get the kershaw once mine breaks...I got a Corona from Lowes years ago and its been really good, its a folding pruning saw so it seems to cut better than most I have used. Nice to see alot like the Corona as its been good for me. I just got a Corona Machete last week, havent had a chance to use it yet but figured the saw has been so good why not try it out.

I've had Bacho, Gerber, Fiskars, Craftsman, Silky, and have used a few others. The Silky is by far the best. I started with a pocket boy and decided it was too small. I now own A Super Accel and think its perfect.

I was in a Stihl chainsaw store, this weekend & noticed A Stihl folding saw. It looked pretty good. if it is as good as their chainsaws, it should be a good one. price was $29.99

I like the Silky Super Accel 210 better than their Pocketboy models. Longer and thicker blade without being much heavier because it uses a high-quality aluminum frame rather than the steel frames on the Pocketboys.

I have the US version of the Bahco, sold under the Kershaw name. Very nice saw and a bit lighter than the Super Accel 210. However, when given a choice on trail clearing hikes, all of my friends pick up the Silky first. Furthermore, I have found that saws that cut as much or more on the push stroke are somewhat more likely to kink or snap than pull cutters like the Silky models.

DancesWithKnives

I like the Silky Super Accel 210 better than their Pocketboy models. Longer and thicker blade without being much heavier because it uses a high-quality aluminum frame rather than the steel frames on the Pocketboys.

DancesWithKnives

Thanx! I've been looking at getting a Silky, and wondered the difference between these two.

I have used the Pocketboy 170 quite a bit and it is a very good saw. However, the customer service rep at Silky told me that the SA210 has a blade that is over 18% thicker (in addition to giving you over an inch and a half more cutting stroke). He noted that the SA210 is Silky's largest selling folder. The thicker blade helped explain why I was getting less flexing with the SA210 than the PB170.

I would also recommend the largest teeth available. At my late aunt's house I cut dried fruit tree wood (which is quite hard) with the largest teeth and they worked fine. I had ordered a smaller-tooth blade for hardwoods and bone but have never swapped it in and tested it. May still use it for bone if I get lucky on an elk next year.

DancesWithKnives

So the biggest problem with getting a Silky for me is living in Alaska. The price is not high but the shipping costs twice the cost of the saw.

Back