BK9 Moose Style

Moosez45

Custom Antlers, Factory Knives...
Alright, my camera fu was weak tonight, so, I apologize up front for the photos. I'm going to see Mist tomorrow, and I will take some hands on advice from him and get some knif pron shots. So, this will have to do for now.

This the before pic, how she sat.

100_1722.jpg

Took the handles off and taped the edge up. Important to remember, makes working and holding on, less, um, er, challenging? Anyway, I'm always have some 33 laying around.

100_1724.jpg

Ok, back from the sander. Ramps gone. Remember to dip the knife in water after a few passes, and let it cool, no temper issues that way. I also sharpened the spine in front of the handle, mad spark thrower.

100_1725.jpg

Ok, now I'm gonna strip it, and its a common question with lots of answers, so here's mine. I had to scrape more on this knife than any of the others, I think my can of evil about gone.

100_1726.jpg

Alright, worst pic every, for some reason, my flash kept effin up the shots, and these are the good ones, you should see the ones I culled. Anyway, stripped back with the bulk of the handle still covered.

100_1728.jpg

Now that its stripped, I sanded the primer(?) off. It looks like a grey, controlled coating over the knife, and patina won't take over it. I used mustard and a basting brush. This was a little heavy, so I wiped it wand went thinner.

100_1730.jpg

After about 45 minutes, I pulled it down, washed it, then wiped it down real good with Ballistol, here is the final results. I really like it.

100_1731.jpg

100_1732.jpg

100_1733.jpg

100_1734.jpg

100_1737.jpg

Ya'll realy deserve better pictures, and I'll get some.

Next up will be El Ultimo Hombre, a leather sheath for the BK9, with a pouch for an ASK/Emergency blanket, a nice loop for a firesteel, and a piggyback sheath for a BK14 ESKabar. Soon, maybe this week or weekend.

Moose

I heard the "Gathering" was an orgy of knives, virgins, beer, chili, and other uptonogoodness!

i really want to go sometime!

Yarp, good Gathering, for the most part. I had a touch of hangover Sunday. Next one is gonna be better. Swear.

Moose

needs a hot sauce bath :)

good stuff

Bladite

Ya'll realy deserve better pictures, and I'll get some.

100_1737.jpg

Moose my man, you keep posting shots like this & I will have that BK before the end of the year . . . :)
Great shots, nice job on the blade.:thumbup:
Be safe.
(#2)

Nice work bro, that BK9 looks really good all naked like that. I'm diggin' that no ramp look too.

With the wooden look of the micarta, it looks like a mini gladiator sword :cool: The patina came out great, nicely done:thumbup:

Great job, I love that striated look. I'm thinking that I want a BK-9 even though I really have no use for one. What can ya do eh?:)

Looks real nice there Moose. Love how that patina came out.

Back